am i driving a time bomb

srt6

sittin on the side line
just got my truck finished i was shooting for mid to high 12's for my daily driver,ended up running high 11's everything i did was just bolt on parts nothing internal, whats ya'll feedback onthis am i driving a time bom, what do i really need to keep it reliable any sugestions would be greatly appreciated

Yes, if you bring it here I will defuse it.

- Bomb Squad

For 50 bucks, you can give it to me, and I'll risk my life making it slower for you.

i don't want it slower, i want to make sure its gonna still be reliable whats so funny about that

well if you want an answer build a motor. and have it ready just incase. i just dont see how you can research how to build a 11 sec truck but dont know what to do next. on the right hand side buy ur username click on the search word and read

well if you want an answer build a motor. and have it ready just incase. i just dont see how you can research how to build a 11 sec truck but dont know what to do next. on the right hand side buy ur username click on the search word and read

thought that was what im doing researching and asking questions, figured comp d would be the best place to ask about diesel performance

It is.

What he means to say, is it takes a lot of work to get to 11's, he doesn't understand how you put in that much work, and still have this question.

You make it sound like you acidently ran 11's LOL If you drive it nice you will be fine.

Generally speaking, any increase in maximum power/rpm/etc will come at the price of engine longevity. How do you make your 11 second motor last 500,000mi? My first guess would be to de-tune it a little. The cheapest way to do that is with your right foot... try keeping it away from the floor. Careful not to run it hard until it's completely up to operating temperature.

Are you towing? Unless you've got a ton of weight to carry up a hill at high speed, I wouldn't worry about the short bursts as much. Heat is the enemy for heavily tuned engines at high loads- especially for extended periods of time. Ha ha, I said extended.

Last edited:
We are not Therapists! You are asking a group of guys on the Internet, what you should do with your Truck... Just drive it until it blows up....

I just realized you weren't in a 12v. Just turn down the tune for daily driving, and don't hammer on it to keep temps down.

if you dropped the money to run 11s, it should honestly HAVE the parts already to make it reliable. If the shop that did this for you didnt install these said parts like studs or retorqued head bolts, built tranny( i see you have a suncoast but is it built for the task?), traction bars/ caltracs depending on application, etc etc, id be asking for your money back. If you built it yourself, you should have enough knowledge to know whats needed already as you would have ran across the info as you were building your truck........

Also, the search button is for any question you could possibly ever had as there have been NUMEROUS questions like this that have been answered in the past, hence if you use it..... TADA, answers!

The reason its brough up is so we dont have 85 different threads over the same question as it is a waste on our space here on the infamous compD.

Research research research, the search button is your friend.

THIS
is
CompD

its got head studs, the suncoast has all billet shafts, & caltracs on the way, my main concern is the internals