am i driving a time bomb

really ok, where do i send the moneyi

You make it sound like you acidently ran 11's LOL If you drive it nice you will be fine.

u could say that, i was shooting for mid to high 12's and in 2 weeks it went from a mid 14's to high 11's, and now i'm wondering if the bottom end is gonna hold up or do i really need to start building a solid motor to handle the hp

just dont drive it like a douche bag diesel ricer or the dumbasses in gillett, wy and it will survive just fine lol

We are not Therapists! You are asking a group of guys on the Internet, what you should do with your Truck... Just drive it until it blows up....

i never said u were therapist, im asking about diesel performance on a diesel performance forum

Hey, why don't you read through my recent thread "how did you break it"

It is a little peek into when/why things break.

FYI, the most reliable modification you could make would be to remove your turbocharger and tune for natural aspiration. I wouldn't recommend it, of course. It's kind of like living on vegetables your entire life. Sure, you live to 115 years old. But have you really lived? Get AAA and keep enough money in the bank for new internals. Internals aren't that expensive compared to the dough it takes to get everything that surrounds the motor ready to take that kind of power.. and the shredded tires you have to buy every month from using the power....

Here be Denison, TX - birthplace of President Eisenhower & ancestral home of 3 Nails Garage, LazarSmith & Team XLR8R.

i never said u were therapist, im asking about diesel performance on a diesel performance forum

I just saying... You pay to play, and some are more fortunate than others. You're asking a question that no one truly knows the answer of... Anytime you play around with just about any vehicle, there is no guarantee that the vehicle will last 5,000 miles or 150,000 miles. You can take preliminary precautions by driving easier on the street. But, generally speaking there are no special rain dances...

as long as you dont run 11's on every freeway on ramp it will be fine

Funny thread. I understand where you are coming from. I was hoping to break into the 12's the very first time on the race track. Ran 12.02. Decided to play some more.:hehe: Stock engine is fine as long as the head stays in place. Common rails seem to be blessed with the ability to go fast with minimal modifications. Enjoy it, and don't worry about running stock suspension. My old manure hauler runs 11.1 on street tires and unmodified suspension(all that stuff is over rated).

Keep a roll of duct tape, a few zip ties and some Krazy Glue in the glove box for emergencies...... :hehe: :hehe: