And again more probs.

NEsmoker

So the truck ran like crap and blew fuel everywhere right. Sent my stix off to schieds, got them back and put them in and fired it thursday. It ran pretty darn good i thought, idled nice reved up nice smoke seemed reasonable for timing and amount of fuel. Ran it for 30 minutes or so To heat it up so i can do the studs and valves again right. So today i go up and i didnt have the torque wrench so i figured ill fire it and take a little drive to see how the trans is workin. Well it was a mother to start and when it did it was poping and carring on billowing white smoke wouldnt rev up much and sounded like it was gonna spill its guts. So i get out and the building is full of thick whit smoke it burned my eyes, standing there i can here fluid running and hitting the floor in the pit. Fuel was pouring out an exhaust clamp, the roof and bed are soaked. :bang

How could i put refreshed sticks in it, it runs great for 30 minutes, sits for 2.5 days and now its back to square 1 like crap? Im dont understand it at all. :what:

Probably something loose in the fuel system and it is draining. The white smoke is due to air in the system. I would tighten everything up and go from there, including the return side.

I didnt verify it with the dial yet, but when we set it last we marked the gear nut and shaft witha paint marker. And those marks are all still in line. Tomorro when i tear the sticks out ill check it with the dail. I dont think its timing because of the amount of fuel that came out. There was well over a quart on the ground itself plus what was on the truck and still in the exhaust.

You make me not wanna start my swap.

Hope you get it figured out.

I didnt verify it with the dial yet, but when we set it last we marked the gear nut and shaft witha paint marker. And those marks are all still in line. Tomorro when i tear the sticks out ill check it with the dail. I dont think its timing because of the amount of fuel that came out. There was well over a quart on the ground itself plus what was on the truck and still in the exhaust.

When the timing slips, the nut relative to the shaft won't necessarily move. Unless that was a typo and you meant the gear, nut and shaft. If all three are still aligned, then your timing will still be where you set it. But that would still be my first suspect.

Air in the lines usually clears in 15 seconds or so on my trucks, so I can't see it being that causing that much smoke.

My paint marks were still inline on the gear nut and shaft. I know the air cleared out of the lines, its just not burning fuel, its just dumping it out of ther exhaust.

check your timing with the dial, its doesnt take much movement at all and it can be 10-15° off.

the hard starting, running rough, smoke etc are all classic signs of slipped timing, and of course if the timing slips and is now very close to 0°, its gonna be injecting the fuel right at TDC and then blowing it out the exhaust valves rather than burning it.

My paint marks were still inline on the gear nut and shaft. I know the air cleared out of the lines, its just not burning fuel, its just dumping it out of ther exhaust.

Do you mean the nut and the shaft, or the gear and nut and the shaft? Two items, or three? Like I said, if the nut and the shaft are still in alignment, that doesn't mean your timing didn't slip, just that the nut didn't move relative to the shaft. Shaft/gear alignment is what should be marked, if anything.

white smoke can be much more than air (excessive fuel at idle smokes white, huge, cracked or stuck nozzle). What did schied say about the injectors? Its a long shot, but something I have seen once. The inside of the injection lines was flaking off and getting into the injectors. 1 nozzle was ruined, 2 were able to be cleaned, the other 3 lines were fine.

The shaft nut and gear all have a line on it. None of the three moved, the line is drawn up the shaft across the nut and up the gear. And it still straight.

Schied said that 4 (i believe) were stick open and the pressures were low, they went through them cleaned check and reset them all. And they acted like they were brand new thursday when it ran for 30 minutes.
The lines are brand new so they shouldnt be flaking.

The way its running now is 100% the same befor when the injectors were sticking, my oil is 2-3 inches high again. So now ive got 6 gallons of fuel tainted oil and 2 fileters that have a combined run time of about 33 minute on them.

If you want a second opinion on the injectors shoot me a PM, as long as I don't have to do anything to them just pay shipping back.

Didn't you read the warning label that comes with those shower head nozzles? LOL

If you want a second opinion on the injectors shoot me a PM, as long as I don't have to do anything to them just pay shipping back.

I would really like to know how you became an injector expert. Last I knew, you were driving around a POS with a PVC stack. Please enlighten me! I do knoW that you buy injectors from JL Machine and resell them, but what makes you an injector guru??????

excuse me? I don't buy anything from JL since John passed, nor have I ever bought a complete injector to resell. Every injector that has ever left my shop was built, pop tested, set, packed and shipped by me.

excuse me? I don't buy anything from JL since John passed, nor have I ever bought a complete injector to resell. Every injector that has ever left my shop was built, pop tested, set, packed and shipped by me.

Ryan, you are a jackass!!!!!!! You have no experience in the field of injectors whatsoever. If I am mistaken, please inform me, and the rest of us in PC land. I wouldn't run a set of injectors from you if you gave them to me. What makes you an injector expert????? For Christ sake, you don't even have a shop!!!!!!! What kind of crap are you trying to pull?????? I would normally keep quiet, but to protect the uninformed, I must speak up.

How the hell do you know what I have and what I do, but if I don't have a shop I better stop paying my landlord. I've never met you, never care to, nor do I care what you think. Take a peak in the vendor section of the forum, find one complaint on a set of injectors that I sold. Todd is running a set of my injectors, ask him about them. Chad is at the 700hp mark on a set of my 7x.010's with a 215 pump.

Excuse me for offering to take the time to pop test a set of injectors for a member on the forum that is having an on going problem FOR FREE.

I really don't give a damn what you think, but when you don't know chit, you better check your facts before posting what you "know". If you're just out there to be an asshole, have at it.

How the hell do you know what I have and what I do, but if I don't have a shop I better stop paying my landlord. I've never met you, never care to, nor do I care what you think. Take a peak in the vendor section of the forum, find one complaint on a set of injectors that I sold. Todd is running a set of my injectors, ask him about them. Chad is at the 700hp mark on a set of my 7x.010's with a 215 pump.

Excuse me for offering to take the time to pop test a set of injectors for a member on the forum that is having an on going problem FOR FREE.

I really don't give a damn what you think, but when you don't know chit, you better check your facts before posting what you "know". If you're just out there to be an asshole, have at it.

Give me the address of your shop and I'll stop by, afterall, I'm in Litchfield and you are in Bristol. I checked my facts, and I'M certain you have no experience in injector technology. Please post your experience, I would like to know. As far as Todd in concerned, he is a friend of mine, not yours. WTF is Chad? 700m hp is chicken chit!!!!! Fact is, you have no business selling injectors on here, I don't care who you paid!!!!!!!!!