Another 1000 HP Duramax

JoshH

I just wanted to post a congratulations to my boss, Jim Jones, for finally making 1000 HP with his 2002 Duramax. He is also a professional firefighter, so he asked me to take his truck to a dyno event for him today. We went loaded for bear. The truck has a fully built motor from SoCal diesel, a set of custom built twin turbos, dual CP3s, bigger injectors (not sure on the specs), EFILive tuning from IdahoRob, a transmission that was built in house by Jim's performance diesel business, a two stage nitrous system, and a laundry list of various other modifications. He has been shooting for a 1000 HP dyno sheet since he got the truck back together late last year, and we were fortunate enough to make it today. This was with 0% correction factor. Here are the numbers:

Fuel only: 898.5 HP and 1660 Ft-Lbs of TQ

With spray: 1053.1 HP and 1844 Ft-Lbs of TQ

It should also be noted that this truck isn't a dyno queen. Jim races the truck as often as he can. It was at the NADM Texas Nationals race last October where it ran a 10.7 in the 1/4 with a small shot from one stage (the second stage was deactivated). This was on street tires with a race weight of almost 7000 lbs. It is going in for a roll bar soon.

Here are a couple of pics (vids are uploading right now). Thanks to Danny for taking them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congratulations Jim and all who were involved with the truck :clap: :rockwoot:

Attachments

• DSCF0147 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSCF0147 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 604
  • DSCF0156 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    DSCF0156 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 603
nice jim. i was hopeing to see it at speedtek but iam glad you finally got it. wish i woulda been there to see it

John was running with zero atmosphere correction? odd.

on a more serious note.. love the slow look :)

Very solid numbers Jim. Congrats! Thanks for posting Josh.

Congrats. I can now say I've beat a 1000 hp dmax!!!!
I just wanted to post a congratulations to my boss, Jim Jones, for finally making 1000 HP with his 2002 Duramax. He is also a professional firefighter, so he asked me to take his truck to a dyno event for him today. We went loaded for bear. The truck has a fully built motor from SoCal diesel, a set of custom built twin turbos, dual CP3s, bigger injectors (not sure on the specs), EFILive tuning from IdahoRob, a transmission that was built in house by Jim's performance diesel business, a two stage nitrous system, and a laundry list of various other modifications. He has been shooting for a 1000 HP dyno sheet since he got the truck back together late last year, and we were fortunate enough to make it today. This was with 0% correction factor. Here are the numbers:

Fuel only: 898.5 HP and 1660 Ft-Lbs of TQ

With spray: 1053.1 HP and 1844 Ft-Lbs of TQ

It should also be noted that this truck isn't a dyno queen. Jim races the truck as often as he can. It was at the NADM Texas Nationals race last October where it ran a 10.7 in the 1/4 with a small shot from one stage (the second stage was deactivated). This was on street tires with a race weight of almost 7000 lbs. It is going in for a roll bar soon.

Here are a couple of pics (vids are uploading right now). Thanks to Danny for taking them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congratulations Jim and all who were involved with the truck :clap: :rockwoot:

John was running with zero atmosphere correction? odd.
He was running with the atmospheric correction, but the conditions at the time did not call for any correction. After the run he said, "look at this, no correction on that run", and he pointed to the screen where it said correction- 0%.

Congrats. I can now say I've beat a 1000 hp dmax!!!!
Ya, good thing you were running a 12.0 index class, and he pushed through the brakes on his run resulting in a red light...

Why would you try launching so hard as to push through the brakes if your running a 12.0 index?

Congratulations guys, what kind of RPM were you pulling at the top of the run or did you notice, its sounded pretty mild? Still think that the best looking body style ever on a chev Dmax.

Congratulations guys, what kind of RPM were you pulling at the top of the run or did you notice, its sounded pretty mild? Still think that the best looking body style ever on a chev Dmax.

On the 1000 hp run he stopped me at around 3200 RPM. On the fuel only run, I think the log showed I went up to around 3800 RPM.

Neither, just a question.
You would have to ask Jim since he was the one driving. I'm sure he didn't expect it to go when it did, and I don't remember it being spooled all that high at the time. I think he said he hadn't even got to 2k RPM when it started to go.

He was running with the atmospheric correction, but the conditions at the time did not call for any correction. After the run he said, "look at this, no correction on that run", and he pointed to the screen where it said correction- 0%.

Ya, good thing you were running a 12.0 index class, and he pushed through the brakes on his run resulting in a red light...

I give a compliment, and you be a tool? Awesome.

Back