Anti-lag...staging spool injection strategy.

They most likely haven't properly labeled / extracted all the control tables - it's not a simple control structure in the base GM software (that they're reverse-engineering).

They most likely haven't properly labeled / extracted all the control tables - it's not a simple control structure in the base GM software (that they're reverse-engineering).

For some reason I thought they were licensed by GM to do what they do... hmmmm

I feel it's more of a supply and demand with EFI. Ross and Paul always have found tables for me once I tell them directly what I'm looking for. I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff not seen with efi, but when no one asks for it they have no reason to find it as 99% of the end users will never need it.

No one has ever needed it before. I have messed with post but simply found using two pilots and going negative with main did what I needed to do.

I feel it's more of a supply and demand with EFI. Ross and Paul always have found tables for me once I tell them directly what I'm looking for. I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff not seen with efi, but when no one asks for it they have no reason to find it as 99% of the end users will never need it.
X1000

When I can prove to Ross I needed more he always helped me out. I don't think I have access to all the post tables. But I don't think I need them either. If I don't needed them in in these standalone Dmax swaps, most likely it is not needed in truck.

When it comes right down to it you find your best off to keep things simple. Only mess with what you need to and only get complicated when absolutely needed.

Chris, did you find that you had to add more fuel pre or post TDC when you split the shot?

Did you log these changes as to see the egt's and boost ramp?

Chris, did you find that you had to add more fuel pre or post TDC when you split the shot?

Did you log these changes as to see the egt's and boost ramp?

I'd have too look at the tune again to see just what degrees the last half came in at. Seems to me it was 16 degrees added to the main timing table. So if your main is 25 btdc the second shot would be 9 btdc.

There was a real sweet spot that was easy to find when you can tune it on the fly.

I'd have too look at the tune again to see just what degrees the last half came in at. Seems to me it was 16 degrees added to the main timing table. So if your main is 25 btdc the second shot would be 9 btdc.

There was a real sweet spot that was easy to find when you can tune it on the fly.

Oh, so you were accually shooting two shots (split main) Before TDC?

That's it. Split main, the late fuel is to late to to do much work. Make heat yes.

That's it. Split main, the late fuel is to late to to do much work. Make heat yes.

interesting....i thought that you were injecting one shot before tdc, and a post shot after TDC for some reason....and that was making heat on the exhaust stroke.

Got the wheels turning now...

I based my idea off the third event on the 04.5's. (the heat up shot). Began with that timing and went from t

I based my idea off the third event on the 04.5's. (the heat up shot). Began with that timing and went from there. And a bunch more fuel.

Torque demand. Can be based torque requested or speed. Torque limitation tables are handy.

I love this. I wanted to ask Joe about this the middle of last month and my mother became ill and passed. I found it in ricer apps after youtubing for a GT4294 and finding a video. The threads I read through let on like the ricers were eating parts due to the heat.

I wonder how affective this would be with a water methanol system.

So, if I get this right....

Would it be possible to retard the timing on a VE pump, just enough for it to run, add a timing advance shim, then once spooled throw the KSB (For you who are VE-literate, the thing that advances the timing) on to get a couple degrees more than stock, and still get the same effect?

Basically, 1 injection event 10* BTDC to spool than throw the switch for 30* BTDC injection?

We only have 1 event....

So, if I get this right....

Would it be possible to retard the timing on a VE pump, just enough for it to run, add a timing advance shim, then once spooled throw the KSB (For you who are VE-literate, the thing that advances the timing) on to get a couple degrees more than stock, and still get the same effect?

Basically, 1 injection event 10* BTDC to spool than throw the switch for 30* BTDC injection?

We only have 1 event....

While you will notice better spooling with retarded timing, you won't see the effect I'm talking about with one event.

The timing of the second shot I'm talking about is so late the engine wouldn't even run. Yet it does with a split shot as combustion has begun when it's supposed to, and yet also the late fuel to help hit the charger/s.