Anybody got an Idea? 05 won't start.

sootman

Banned
I have been working on an 05 Dodge. It won't start and has no codes. It has new injectors, feedtubes, and CP3. It has 40 psi supply pressure. The orginal Cp3 grenaded and truck has run for short time after and hasn't since.

I have removed entire system and flushed out with brakeclean and air. Relief Valve has been capped. 13 volts at each inj. solenoid when in start position. Minimal fuel returning at back of head in start position. Good compression on all cylinder's. Overhead checked. I am up for anything now and so is owner.

Anybody experienced even anything remotely close to this.....fell free to chime in.

I wonder if the alarm is trying to kill it? ........It's got'a be something stupid simple.

Well, it's a 1st for me. Got no codes to work with....thought the new CP3 was bad but it flowed exactly what Bosch says it should at 150rpm's for 30 seconds. (3.05ozs) I'll trade you for your fuel guzzler, Richard.:hehe:

Damn, with all those hassles you guys have had with that truck, id be inclined to burn that mother to the groundLOL

I honestly know I wouldnt have the patience to keep messing with it, even if it were my own truck.
Good luck with it, sorry I have no actual input:doh:

check to make sure a connector tube isnt bent,i had one bent and it wasnt enough to get much on the return out of the head but was enough to not start the truck....i have some if you find a bent tube...

Pooter said:
Damn, with all those hassles you guys have had with that truck, id be inclined to burn that mother to the groundLOL

I honestly know I wouldnt have the patience to keep messing with it, even if it were my own truck.
Good luck with it, sorry I have no actual input:doh:

trust me it has been discussed. Sootman has a few ideas of ways to make my insurance buy me a new truck....i do have full coverage...soooo.....:aiwebs_029:

keep any ideas coming guys...we need all the help we can get

what psi does the rail see during cranking?have you thought that perhaps the ecm has took a dump
?

bones said:
what psi does the rail see during cranking?have you thought that perhaps the ecm has took a dump
?

Sootman says it has good RP at start up. I'm stuck at work 1.5 hours away while he works on it. I really wish i could be there.....

Don't even mention the ECM. I'm already on my second ECM. Saturday night it started fine, just had injector knock. Suddenly it won't start. :confused:

Set it out on the street with the keys in it......wait it would actually need to run in order for someone to steal it :hehe: That sucks man, I got some matches if you wanna borrow them :doh:

B.A.Ram said:
Set it out on the street with the keys in it......wait it would actually need to run in order for someone to steal it :hehe: That sucks man, I got some matches if you wanna borrow them :doh:

we were thinking more like....we have guns and can use them :hehe:

Nah you gotta be more creative for the insurance......Got access to a D10 if you wanna play smash the truck :hehe:

Geez louise man. This is insane. I'd definately start to think about parting it out and selling it or something. This is just ridiculous.

BgBlDodge said:
Geez louise man. This is insane. I'd definately start to think about parting it out and selling it or something. This is just ridiculous.

Can't be any worse than yours :kick:

BgBlDodge said:

I already found a very nice 03 on autotrader :doh:

bones said:
check to make sure a connector tube isnt bent,i had one bent and it wasnt enough to get much on the return out of the head but was enough to not start the truck....i have some if you find a bent tube...

I am pulling the sticks for a 5th time. I am suspicious of a feedtube or a shim problem causing an alignment issue. I have checked the ECM signal at the FCA and all is well. I have tried 4 diff FCA's. I am pretty convinced it's in the head. Are your feedtubes stock or modded. The ones in Phil's truck are .093 and no filters. I have a can of Gas ready if this truck isn't gone by Friday.:hehe: LOL :doh:

What about a Security Key or something stupid like that? Do they go bad possibly? Has anything else been changed since it last started, i.e. changed a program in the ECM?

Seriously. This has gotta be as simple as maybe a ground or something. Have you checked the starter? What about the thing that only allows the truck to start if it's in neutral or park (can't think of the name right now)? Maybe it suddenly went bad? Do all the lights and everything come on like normal when you try to start it? Does it make any noise at all when you try to crank it?

Ryan, at least my truck runs and I can drive it (well, once the power steering gets worked out LOL). This is ridiculous.

sootman said:
I am pulling the sticks for a 5th time. I am suspicious of a feedtube or a shim problem causing an alignment issue. I have checked the ECM signal at the FCA and all is well. I have tried 4 diff FCA's. I am pretty convinced it's in the head. Are your feedtubes stock or modded. The ones in Phil's truck are .093 and no filters. I have a can of Gas ready if this truck isn't gone by Friday.:hehe: LOL :doh:

But what could it be in the head?

As long as it turns over, we're good. Sometimes it will this weird thing where it won't turn over. Wiggle the gear shift in park and try again and it fires right up. Thats some safety feature but its waay overly sensitive in my truck for some reason.

973604x4 said:
As long as it turns over, we're good. Sometimes it will this weird thing where it won't turn over. Wiggle the gear shift in park and try again and it fires right up. Thats some safety feature but its waay overly sensitive in my truck for some reason.

Is it the doohicky that wont let the truck start in gear? Since you both had the tranny out and had it all apart? Maybe something as simple as a loose electrical plug, or something.
Man that thing is a headache! lol

I give some major props to sootman for not giving up until its ready to rock and roll, even though it was never his problem in the first place.

PS, if the truck somehow burns due to an electrical fire, id delete this thread;)
I did have a friend whos truck burnt to the ground in a resturaunt parking lot when he went in for some food(12valve, he thinks it was the grid heater somehow, looks like thats where it might have come from) but his really was just an accident.

Back