Anyone ever put a 4bt in a dakota?

Lots of people have put 4bt's in dakotas, go to 4bt swaps and look in the buildup section for several builds.

I never had a problem getting inspection. The shop i go to called penndot. They said the vin number means nothing. It's what's under the hood that counts. So it gets inspected as a diesel... no emissions. One sticker... safety inspection.
Go for it man! Join the club!!

do it t-rex! (just think arms too short to reach his wallet) lol o and if u need some extra cash i need a new helper!!!! hahahaha

I never had a problem getting inspection. The shop i go to called penndot. They said the vin number means nothing. It's what's under the hood that counts. So it gets inspected as a diesel... no emissions. One sticker... safety inspection.
Go for it man! Join the club!!

well, they're not following FEDERAL emissions standards then...

well, they're not following FEDERAL emissions standards then...

the state came in the shop today so i asked him

he told me to look at the owners card

so i did right on it it says diesel vehicles exempt

so he said if you open the hood and see a diesel it gets no emission sticker just the inspection

o and they didn't come in for bad reasons just calibrating the machine lol

the state came in the shop today so i asked him

he told me to look at the owners card

so i did right on it it says diesel vehicles exempt

so he said if you open the hood and see a diesel it gets no emission sticker just the inspection

do they not have a computerized system up there? in TX you have to enter the vehicle's VIN. Doesn't matter what's under the hood, it goes by what came in the vehicle unless you go through the proper steps to have the thing legaly seen as a diesel

and i'm pretty sure the lil 4bt can make basically 2/3 the power of its big bro 6bt, since it is basically a 6bt with 2/3 chopped off... i've heard some guys are at 900-1000 with them

yep rob has a 6BT in his dakota, hes in scranton. Verrryyyy clean install. Look him up on here he goes by ........ 6BT Dakota. Go figure:Cheer:

just a bump to the thread with this juicy info....... I was at a dynbo event today, gent had a 4bt in his 94 gmc 1500....... running twins, high boost, well he put down 122 hp

per cylinder :O 488 hp came belchin black outa that thing, what a rush to watch.

Nice, I missed that pull, was trying to clear the smoke outa my lungs !