Anyone ever put a 4bt in a dakota?

That was 496 peak hp. I have the dyno sheet to prove it!!
I might add that it was still making power when I shut it down cause the boost needle had wrapped around and was on the bottom side of the pin at 0 :hehe:

02psd7.3 what engine does the dakota you want to do the swap in have?

hey guys i have a 02 dakota foor door that i put a 6bt in ilifted boby 1 inch and cut out part of the wiper cowl was all that was needed still need help to get tack a-c and alt to charge

The tach and alternator are both triggered from the crank trigger on a 94-98.4 Ram PCM. Are you using the Dak or a Ram PCM?

The crank trigger alone won't do it. You have to get the signal off of the cam pos sensor as well. They must coincide.

Zach

ive tried tying the crank sensor output to the cam and still nobody home i,m using the crank sensor on the 1995 diesel shouldn,t it work? thanks tony

Like I posted earlier, i had the factory gas engine crank sensor mounted to read the harmonic balancer. I had the balancer machined to have the same number of notches as the factory gas flywheel. After that tap the end of the injection pump shaft and mount the cam sensor from the gas distributor and exciter ring. Then it will all work.

Zach

Like I posted earlier, i had the factory gas engine crank sensor mounted to read the harmonic balancer. I had the balancer machined to have the same number of notches as the factory gas flywheel. After that tap the end of the injection pump shaft and mount the cam sensor from the gas distributor and exciter ring. Then it will all work.

Zach
To make sure I follow, that was with the Dak PCM, not a Ram PCM?

hey guys i have a 02 dakota foor door that i put a 6bt in ilifted boby 1 inch and cut out part of the wiper cowl was all that was needed still need help to get tack a-c and alt to charge

Tony, I used a stand alone voltage regulator on my alternator. I havent gotton to the A/C yet.

Shoot me a p.m. and we can discuss it more.

Rob

4bt conversion swap

hey guys sorry its been so long to post i finally got all working on my dakota swap i adapted a 4.7 dodge crankshaft tone wheel to the front balancer and hooked the camsignal wire to the crank sensor already on the engine and everything works great also eliminated the existing trans control module and about a gozillion wires out of the mix...maybe that will offset some of the weight on the front end thanks for all the help tony