Anyone interested in Procharging their 12v?

If I didn't already have twins, I'd be alllllllll over this. Or if I had another truck to do it to, or........

(cough) Money sucks. Or the lack there of, that is.

Would a procharger be ok for a towing application or long highway trips? Or is it more of a racer/puller?

Would a procharger be ok for a towing application or long highway trips? Or is it more of a racer/puller?

I would imagine it depends on which head unit and how it is pullied.

The idea of procharging is an interesting one but I see some r&d just like any other new setup before it's optimal.

Towing with a Procharger would be its biggest benfit. I know the 7.3 one (Rockrunner on PSN) is absolutely loving his for that reason. They use a Duramax one to tow to different events all the time as well and it does awesome.

I only towed once with mine on my 6.0. Wasn't a very heavy load (a short bed reg cab Chevy gasser on a dual axle trailer), around 7000lbs I imagine. But with hot sticks in it, I had no egt or smoke issues what-so-ever. It's been a little while, but iirc at 70mph egt's were around 650. And 6.0's are known for getting hot and smokey with larger injectors.

Here's a vid of mine taking off at wot, fuel only. Those were 225cc injectors and a stock 6.0 turbo. The new set-up will be Elite/Casserly 290's and a GT42. :evil

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bedNfp5KuY[/MEDIA]

Just as Danny said having a procharger will pretty much enable you to tow whatever you want and still be reliabe. Chad and several of our customers tow several times a week with their set ups and they are super reliable and have no EGT issues.

Towing with a Procharger would be its biggest benfit. I know the 7.3 one (Rockrunner on PSN) is absolutely loving his for that reason. They use a Duramax one to tow to different events all the time as well and it does awesome.

I only towed once with mine on my 6.0. Wasn't a very heavy load (a short bed reg cab Chevy gasser on a dual axle trailer), around 7000lbs I imagine. But with hot sticks in it, I had no egt or smoke issues what-so-ever. It's been a little while, but iirc at 70mph egt's were around 650. And 6.0's are known for getting hot and smokey with larger injectors.

Here's a vid of mine taking off at wot, fuel only. Those were 225cc injectors and a stock 6.0 turbo. The new set-up will be Elite/Casserly 290's and a GT42. :evil

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bedNfp5KuY[/MEDIA]

Mother ****er

Nah. I'd need nitrous to.

Procharging isn't out of the question that's for sure. Just out of my pocketbook.

Will it get me a very clean 500hp 12valve, that can tow with no problems and cost under 6k??? LOL

Too bad I sold my 12v...I told them to let me know when they needed a tester...

If my 1/2 ton was closer to ready, and they thought they could work something out for it, I could be swayed to do that instead of triple S471's...but I'm a ways off on that project yet.

Chris

If my 1/2 ton was closer to ready, and they thought they could work something out for it, I could be swayed to do that instead of triple S471's...but I'm a ways off on that project yet.

Chris

do the triple's with a procharger! Just run a massive hood scoop to fit everything :D

PM me a cost for the kit...

I just picked up a 94 3500 and would love to have this...

Piers did it already.....

not saying it isn't cool or anything, i think it's absolutely badass.

imagine all the auto trannies we can roast now
Piers did it with a screw based supercharger. From the grapevine- the customer daily drives his and off idle boost is instantanious.

Chris

(3) 471's in a half ton, take out a million dollar term insurance policy first, your sick!

Jim

Back