Anyone know this truck?

If someone else drove his truck then I'm sorry for saying that. Whoever drove it wasn't very professional though.

Yeah I know who drove the truck. He is actually a very nice guy who has helped me out a ton. Problem is you have to remember while we were enjoying the race the ATS guys and gal's had already been busting their butts for 3 days putting on sled pull's, dyno events and working franticly to get people's vehicle’s finished or repaired for them to compete working 15 to 18 hrs a day. The truck in question was in pieces when I saw it Saturday afternoon as a matter of fact. Some of those typical ATS guys will bust their ass to help someone out. It is easy to throw stones when you have not worn their shoes.

Yeah I know who drove the truck. He is actually a very nice guy who has helped me out a ton. Problem is you have to remember while we were enjoying the race the ATS guys and gal's had already been busting their butts for 3 days putting on sled pull's, dyno events and working franticly to get people's vehicle’s finished or repaired for them to compete working 15 to 18 hrs a day. The truck in question was in pieces when I saw it Saturday afternoon as a matter of fact. Some of those typical ATS guys will bust their ass to help someone out. It is easy to throw stones when you have not worn their shoes.

I was at ATS a week ago and that truck is in pieces again.

I was at ATS a week ago and that truck is in pieces again.

Seems to be the norm as the truck live's at their shop. My understanding is they use it for testing and development. The data logger on that truck is pretty impressive. I have been there 3 times and have seen 3 different twin setups on it.

I don't care how long they have been up for. There is no reason to be an asshole in friendly competition. Funny you bring up not sleeping because myself and 2 others had less then 6 hours of sleep that entire week trying to finish our truck. As I said before the engine had less then 10 hours on it. The W/A, all the custom charge piping, drivetrain, everything was brand new and untested. Oh and that was after working 10-12 hours on other peoples stuff before even touching the shop truck. I know most small race teams go through the same thing, its just what you do for a sport you love being a part of. You don't have to defend ATS. You like them, I don't. I have my reasons and so do you. I just have fun going out racing and if they cant, they should stay home and go back to making their money when monday comes back around. My truck would sit in pieces before I'd run free ATS parts.

Again none of this is directed towards Mr. Skinner. If it was someone else driving his truck I retract any comments that reflected negatively on him.

Jake you are one of the few people I have respect for that runs ats parts.

You need to meet more people who run them then Cliff :hehe:. I know some very good guys who run some of their parts. I am a nobody with a truck that has not proved anything but that it can tear stuff up repeatedly. Funny thing is its not their parts that break other than input shafts and they were only 2 of many other companies shafts.

I don't care how long they have been up for. There is no reason to be an asshole in friendly competition. Funny you bring up not sleeping because myself and 2 others had less then 6 hours of sleep that entire week trying to finish our truck. As I said before the engine had less then 10 hours on it. The W/A, all the custom charge piping, drivetrain, everything was brand new and untested. Oh and that was after working 10-12 hours on other peoples stuff before even touching the shop truck. I know most small race teams go through the same thing, its just what you do for a sport you love being a part of. You don't have to defend ATS. You like them, I don't. I have my reasons and so do you. I just have fun going out racing and if they cant, they should stay home and go back to making their money when monday comes back around. My truck would sit in pieces before I'd run free ATS parts.

Again none of this is directed towards Mr. Skinner. If it was someone else driving his truck I retract any comments that reflected negatively on him.

I have to ask were you the one who leaked fuel or water on the track on two occasion earlier in the day? Not throwing stones just asking a question. Heck all I did was make a lot of smoke and look like a tool when I could never get the chargers to light. :doh:

You need to meet more people who run them then Cliff :hehe:. I know some very good guys who run some of their parts. I am a nobody with a truck that has not proved anything but that it can tear stuff up repeatedly. Funny thing is its not their parts that break other than input shafts and they were only 2 of many other companies shafts.

I have to ask were you the one who leaked fuel or water on the track on two occasion earlier in the day? Not throwing stones just asking a question. Heck all I did was make a lot of smoke and look like a tool when I could never get the chargers to light. :doh:

I lived in denver and had to opprotunity too meet quite a few of them. I wasn't impressed but that was a few years ago.

If it was mike or not the guy and his friends were complete dicks for no reason. Im not saying stand there and talk about trucks for hours, but just a couple simple questions. lol

If it was mike or not the guy and his friends were complete dicks for no reason. Im not saying stand there and talk about trucks for hours, but just a couple simple questions. lol

sorry, but they're there to race, not field questions from the flatbillers snuggling the latest copy of Diesel Power to their chests

you know how many people probably ask just a couple simple questions during an event like that?

I make a note not to bother people when they're doing their job

So the wheels are custom, any other info on them? I must say the tire wheel combo give this truck a wicked stance. Looks better in person

Yea I leaked some water on the track. The vent for the water to air tank wasn't high enough so we had to take a little water out. I felt like a real dickLOL, and what was even worse the track crew flipped because they thought it was fuel.

Yea I leaked some water on the track. The vent for the water to air tank wasn't high enough so we had to take a little water out. I felt like a real dickLOL, and what was even worse the track crew flipped because they thought it was fuel.

Yeah leaking fluids on a track during such a large event does not win you brownie points at any event.

Yeah but nobody likes you LOL

image.png

EDIT:
spiderman-meme-generator-and-furthermore-you-are-a-complete-dick-d6bf92.jpg

Last edited:
sorry, but they're there to race, not field questions from the flatbillers snuggling the latest copy of Diesel Power to their chests

you know how many people probably ask just a couple simple questions during an event like that?

I make a note not to bother people when they're doing their job

First off it was a test and tune on a weekday night... I was racing too. You dont know me so shut it