Arp problem!!!

bluelineranch

hey guys im having problems getting my arps installed, put the head on and got studs to the cowl where the troubles began, Ive cut several pieces out of my cowling but the last 2 studs are being a real bastard, i fear anymore cutting because ive already got metal floating around and any more trimming will be a huge headache I called a mechanic who said to loosen the cab and lift it but there has to be a better way any ideas how to get the last studs in?

I did, I have never been so mad at a vehicle in my life so I grabbed a cold one and went somewhere else lol

ummm 24V ARP studs drop right in....wtf are you doing?

the body isnt very flexible there

Attachments

• stud 2.jpg
    stud 2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
  • stud 3.jpg
    stud 3.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
  • stud one.jpg
    stud one.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
did you remove the plugs underneath cowl, I just pushed up into cowl and dropped in

yep the angle is still to steep for them to drop in, putting the pushrods in and out was a trick too, maybe someone was asleep when they made mine

I removed the plastic flaring and windshield wiper motor to access it better and still having troubles

then take cross member out while supporting with jack and lower trans a bit :ylsuper:

Is that on the passenger side of the block? If so, I have the same issue. I take the stud and get in as far as I can, then use a hammer to knock it into place. Just be careful not to mess up the threads! Use a rag or something to cover the threads, and firmly tap on it with a hammer. Good luck!

then take cross member out while supporting with jack and lower trans a bit :ylsuper:

Thats how I did mine. Those cross members can be a pain too though. A good bet is to just remove the little rubber mount between the trans and crossmember. I would try that first anyways and see if that gives you enough clearance.
Sean