atf for fuel

Bad. Tranny fluid has friction modifiers to keep stuff from slipping. You want things in your VP to slip.

Not to mention Trans fulid burns REALLY hot. I run a quart every now and then but thats if I dont have any 2 cycle oil handy.

I ran probably 25-30 gallons of used tranny fluid through my 99' with VP44 injection pump, no ill effects. I never ran more than 3-4 quarts mixed with a full tank of #2 at any one time but I did burn quite a bit over the space of a few years. I also burned several gallons of used engine oil but never more than 2 gallons of used motor oil mixed with a full tank of #2.

Now that I have a 12 valve for a daily driver, I run much richer mixtures of used oil, used tranny fluid, and used gear oil. The 12 valve injection pump seems to be robust when it comes to mixed fuels.

I don't purposely seek out used fluid to run as fuel, I simply dispose of my used atf and oil changes by running it in the tank.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable purposely obtaining used atf for the specific purpose of running it as a fuel but a quart or two once in a while seemed to have zero impact on my 99'.

There was a post somewhere were a guy ran lots of tran fluid. Well it built up on top of pistons so thick that eng. ran away and melted the eng down. I wish I could fine it.