ATS 68rfe?

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
A friend of mine needs a trans for his 2011 cummins. I've used TRE for the other dodge transmissions I've done but he said he isn't super comfortable with the 68's. I've been looking online and ATS seems to have by far the best success with them. Anyone have any input or experience with the ATS 68rfe's? I've heard horror stories with there other transmissions but they seem to have these figured out....

My stage 4 ATS 68RFE has been holding 700+hp for a couple years now. I have been pleased with it, I know a lot of people don't like ATS but their products have done exactly what they advertised them to do in my experience. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

My stage 4 ATS 68RFE has been holding 700+hp for a couple years now. I have been pleased with it, I know a lot of people don't like ATS but their products have done exactly what they advertised them to do in my experience. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

So I called ATS today. They seem to have the 68 figured out but 8 grand for a trans to hold over 600 hp is hard to swallow when TRE will build a full billet 800+ hp 48re trans for $6500 shipped.

There are more than a few threads about the 68's not being very reliable on high HP builds, I'd do a built 48 swap and forget about it. Just my $.02

I wouldn't do a 48 swap on a 4th gen. the trans controller is really different and it cause surging and other undesirable effects, and changing the tuning doesn't fix it

Well he just texted me and said he ordered a Stage 3 ATS. Here goes nothing I guess!! How much can the stock inputs take?

I wouldn't do a 48 swap on a 4th gen. the trans controller is really different and it cause surging and other undesirable effects, and changing the tuning doesn't fix it

One of the better trans guys around here would tell you to swap in a 48. You put a manual tune on the truck, and run a stand alone for the trans. Good 6.7 tune, good 48 tune. No problems.

ATS Lifetime guarantee: Guaranteed to spend it's lifetime in the shop :lolly:

We've been having some pretty solid luck with a 68rfe that revmax built. About a year on it, 4,000 miles, guessing 50 plus dyno pulls (Handful of the dyno pulls in 5th gear), drags, and a handful of hooks. Pricey but very impressed at this point aside from the t.c being a tad bit on the tight side.

Last edited:
I have seen a suncoast unit that has come out 4 times on a 650hp truck. I would go with the ats before SC on this.

from phone

I have seen a suncoast unit that has come out 4 times on a 650hp truck. I would go with the ats before SC on this.

from phone

And that's all i've heard and read which is why we went against otherwise better judgement and used ATS. The trans still isn't here but i will update this thread whether its a success or failure!

And that's all i've heard and read which is why we went against otherwise better judgement and used ATS. The trans still isn't here but i will update this thread whether its a success or failure!

You know if you have a certified shop install it they will cover all warranty labor cost and shipping if something goes wrong within the 1st Year.

from phone

Trans is in and shifting good. Still stock otherwise so its not really getting tested......

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk