Aurora compounds

06ramcummins

Ats is finally showing they have a bigger set up than just the 3k-5k compound set up. Im looking at switching the 5k to a 6k to get some more top end. Anyone of you guy run or know of someone who has this setup or what it compares to? How do you like the setup and would there really be anymore lag added being a larger primary?

The A6K is a S400 based charger so it might help over what you have now.

I have read where a cpl guys have done this and absolutely love it... spool really wasnt hurt all that bad and they had a lot more topend

my buddy up in Rangely has an A6k under an he351, spools so fast I couldn't believe it, he has the tapered 2.8 cover on the A6k, works unreal, I would ditch the 5k in a heartbeat after I drove his truck, and that was a 6000 ft.

man i was really going that route but the amount of modification and time needed to make my setup work didn't seem to justify itself. I originally wanted to go the 3-6 route at first but at the time ATS wasnt saying much on the setup. Glad to hear someone runing that setup. anyone else???

i have the 3/5 on my 2nd gen. will the 6000 just bolt up just like the 5k or is there some mods that need to be done?

Its not just a simple bolt up kit as of yet. The t3 flange needs to be changed to a t4 and the routing of the airbox to the a6k to the ehaust needs some adjustments done also from what ats tells me.

You know they offer all the way up to an 8k.(Which is HUGE) Might want to call them to review your options!

You will gain alot by moving up to a a6k (75mm comp). I have a friend with the 3-6k set up and he runs in the high 11s on fuel in his 06.

Another good friend of mine runs the 4-8k compounds (95mm comp) set up and he loves the drivability of it. He made 950hp with that set up on #2 only. Call ATS and ask for Mike Menicke, he will give you the options and they can build just about anything.

You will gain alot by moving up to a a6k (75mm comp). I have a friend with the 3-6k set up and he runs in the high 11s on fuel in his 06.

Another good friend of mine runs the 4-8k compounds (95mm comp) set up and he loves the drivability of it. He made 950hp with that set up on #2 only. Call ATS and ask for Mike Menicke, he will give you the options and they can build just about anything.

That charger looks HUGE in that truck. Almost like a purple trashcan lid in the engine bay. LOL

Heres some pics of the 8000
IMG_5.jpg

Seanss5102.jpg

how do u like them and how fast do they spool

i love them but i always want something bigger/faster, ya know. they spool like stock/ with my 6x15 scheid injectors. there is no lag what so ever.make great power. i am wondering what my limits are with the VP. i do have a scheid build vp and i am thinking of going with some bigger injectors, but wil i really gain any by going with a 4k/8k or even a 3k/6k??? also i just started another thread about going to a 66/480 combo with some 6x18's....any input???

I was looking at the 8k but I thought it could be overkill with daily driving. the 3-5 combo is awesome but i want just a little more withouth loss of drivability on the street. i bet the 3-6 combo would put me in the 11's being im kissing them right now with the 3-5 setup.

dang that 8k is huge!! are you running that as a single??

all i do is tow and tug a truck so im not trying to go over kill with mine and its a daily driver to

Diesel power challenge '10 has an '06 mega with the A3k/A8k and made 970ish hp to the wheels. I'll post up some ATS turbo sizes since alot of folks don't know much about them. I'll also post up the YouTube video of the megacab with the A3k/A8k yanking a sled. It sound effin saweeeet!

https://www.atsdiesel.com/additionalinfo/202/Turbo%20Comparison%20Guide.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbAa3MYW0eM&feature=youtube_gdata

Those pictures are from the same truck!

Yea I figured. He's had a couple post on cumminsforum. It's a strong running truck and I'm not much a fan on ATS but they got his truck dialed in fo sho!

Its not just a simple bolt up kit as of yet. The t3 flange needs to be changed to a t4 and the routing of the airbox to the a6k to the ehaust needs some adjustments done also from what ats tells me.

a good way to go also is to ditch the gated hot pipe elbow from the 3k/5k, put on a .85 turbine housing on the 3k with the CR style outlet flange and run the aurora plus T4 outlet elbow, and set up your own external gate, it will allow you to dial it in more with the 6k and fit cleaner since you don't have to add a T3 to T4 adapter to the gated elbow you have now. the Aurora plus elbow seems to spool the low pressure charger better anyways.