Aurora compounds

deffantly interested since my twin source is F ing around with their wastgate!!

I'm assuming ATS has everything you mentioned above?

Yep, if you have the a3k/5k twins now, you'll need to ask for the .85 A/r housing for their a3k, the CR discharge flange, v-band clamp for discharge flange to Aurora plus T4 elbow, t4 gasket, hardware if yours is in bad shape, that kind of stuff, and then decide on where you want to mount the 38mm wastegate, as ATS generally will have or beable to machine either the a3k turbine housing or the 6k turbine housing. the 38mm wastegates you can get from ATS, but they don't come with all the lines you need, generally just the wastegate and gasket, so some kind of simple regulator works the best, from home depot or something. Call either mike or Chris Vorhies at ats, they will be able to help you out.

then just size the a6k you want, as they make them with 2.6, 2.8 and 3.0 covers, and have a few different turbine housing a/r's as well, I would stick with a 1.10 at most for quick spool. but its up to you. talk with those guys too, as they are getting more requests for these setups and have built a bunch already that work great.

deffantly interested since my twin source is F ing around with their wastgate!!

why am I not surprised? haha. rumor has it they are ditching the current 3k/5k gated elbow and will be going to the Aurora plus type elbow for all applications, they have T3, T4 and T6 elbows, and they are super clean fit, and work unreal. people talk a lot of crap about ATS parts, but that is one product that they did their homework on.

That Blows! It's been acouple months hasn't it.

Just out of curiousity isn't a 3000, just abit bigger than the stock turbo beside exhaust housing?

Not nocking ATS I am considering them when I go with compounds. I have been impressed with the 3/5. My buddy made 743 with them and they look like new still after 2yrs.

Brian

That Blows! It's been acouple months hasn't it.

Just out of curiousity isn't a 3000, just abit bigger than the stock turbo beside exhaust housing?

Not nocking ATS I am considering them when I go with compounds. I have been impressed with the 3/5. My buddy made 743 with them and they look like new still after 2yrs.

Brian

the a3k is a 59mm comp wheel, so just a little bigger, but the wheel is much more aggressive, it flows over 840 cfm, so its a pretty good turbo. as a single, its enough of a step up for towing guys without sacrificing spool up, and mild performance, but in compounds though, it is perfect for big power, look at gammel's truck with an a8k over 3k, that 3k spools a big ol charger, and doesn't restrict it. it's nice,

I love my single a3k on my 12v, much faster spool than stock, and runs much cooler after the pump work, 400* cooler. I am going to try an a6k under it soon, Aurora plus setup i described above.

I like ATS turbo set-ups. Just not the transmissions! Where are you living in CO redram?

I like ATS turbo set-ups. Just not the transmissions! Where are you living in CO redram?

I live down in Parker, you?

I am a big fan of their turbos too, their stuff fits clean, I'm not into hacked together looking hot pipes and kinked up boots and stuff, not to mention, performance is there with it. some set ups might have more power, but most of those look like crap and don't fit worth a crap. as for their transmissions, i still like em, only have their new tow vb in my truck now, and triple lok, both have been great.

I live down in Parker, you?

I am a big fan of their turbos too, their stuff fits clean, I'm not into hacked together looking hot pipes and kinked up boots and stuff, not to mention, performance is there with it. some set ups might have more power, but most of those look like crap and don't fit worth a crap. as for their transmissions, i still like em, only have their new tow vb in my truck now, and triple lok, both have been great.

Foco! I did like their trannys, but I've picked up to many of my friends off the side of the road. Nothing bad to say about the rest of ATS though! Especially after seeing Clint help out at TS/DPC.

Foco! I did like their trannys, but I've picked up to many of my friends off the side of the road. Nothing bad to say about the rest of ATS though! Especially after seeing Clint help out at TS/DPC.

nice man, you goin to school up there? that is the only reason people live up there right? haha, just messin.

there are a lot of good guys at ATS, most don't believe it, but there are, it's just they had a few employees in the past that really ruined their rep, but now they cleaned house, and got some good guys. Chris, one of their new sales guys is the ****, and mike and clint are always helpful.