Bad fuel, insurance, and new trucks. Help me decide

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
Here's the deal. I got water contaminated fuel and it wiped out my injectors, cp3, cross over tubes, rail and fuel lines.

Insurance will pay to get my truck fixed or total it out depending on my preference. The fuel station hasn't decided wether they will take responsabilty or not yet.

For insurance purposses the cost to repair my truck is right at $10,500+-

NADA value is $23,500 and insurance will pay that.

I owe $10,000 on the bank note.

My truck has 127,000 miles with the mods in my sig. Paint is scratched and has slight dings all over it from gravel roads, pastures, etc.

Should I take the insurance money and repair my truck with modded injectors, rail, CP3, etc?

Repair to stock and sell it?

Buy another used truck or buy a new 2010 mega cab for $44,000 OTD.

I see cars wrecked all day long ,,, total the truck buy it back and fix it.. back flush the system and send the injectors out.. now you have a payed off truck

I talked to industrial and a set 0f 100hp injectors for $2400 exchange and 85% cp3 for $1700 exchange. That'd be $4100 plus cross over tubes and I'm doing the work myself.

I've got a couple CP3's at the house... one is all stock with like 85k miles and the other is a Stage 2 Floor-It with maybe 20k miles

I finally got the title to the 03! LOL

Forest you just might be my bested buddy here shortly haha and I no longer work at that dealership. I'm full time/part time AGR Army Reservist now if that makes any sense to you.

i say tell the insurance to cut you the check to have it fixed. totaling it might cause the title to be changed to salvage title.

Forest you just might be my bested buddy here shortly haha and I no longer work at that dealership. I'm full time/part time AGR Army Reservist now if that makes any sense to you.

Well I'm glad I didn't leave it alone like you said! Lol

I got a tailgate and seats, just need a bumper

i say tell the insurance to cut you the check to have it fixed. totaling it might cause the title to be changed to salvage title.

that is true possable salvage title ,,, but you gota a payed off truck ....me would be one less bill each month ..you can get around that salvage title there are ways

Yup Total it out, buy it back and fix it! You still have an ace with the fuel station! I can't believe one tank did all that! Did your water in fuel light come on? Don't forget to put a 2 micron filter pre cp3 when you fix it!

My airdog has a 2micron on it and I made it 2mikes from the station after filling up $60 with 1/8 tank to begin with. Fuel station still hasn't gotten back with me yet. Hopefully I can pull some bones from both insurance and fuel station.

You cant total the truck.

Take the check for repairs, do your own work go on.

It is sad that fuel stations can turn there backs when their product is junk. Almost makes a guy want to tank a big mason jar and sample the fuel before buying.

The way things are now you never even see the fuel.

If your insurance co foots any bill at all, you can bet your last dollar they will go straight after the fuel station to get theirs.......

i would say new truck !!

the same thing happen here in wisconsin a few years ago and the fuel company had to fix every truck that put the bad fuel in. or the station that you got the fuel from they will have to fix it. all depends on who messed up will be paying out there a$$ to fix it. keep on them and you will get it fixed for FREE!! or find out who delivers there fuel and make some phone calls they have to keep all the paper work on all of that. you will win it!! when happen here and i know a few guys that got a lot of new parts. just keep on them good luck

that is true possable salvage title ,,, but you gota a payed off truck ....me would be one less bill each month ..you can get around that salvage title there are ways

X2

Pay the truck off, mod it, and put some money in your pocket. Win, win, win.

I always pour some out for the homies before I fill up...

that's gangster.

vienna024.jpg

Back