BAD Injector Problem

no my head isnt oringed, i would of had it oringed but i didnt have the cash. so i tightened the bolts to 135 ft/lbs 50/75/100 then up 5lbs at a time till 135. but anyway i g ot the tip out, just beat it with a screwdriver. but then i got then engine back together and it seems like the timing slipped. here is a video of it at idle then i put it in drive and give it a little gas.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIHarSP0YSo

no my head isnt oringed, i would of had it oringed but i didnt have the cash. so i tightened the bolts to 135 ft/lbs 50/75/100 then up 5lbs at a time till 135. but anyway i g ot the tip out, just beat it with a screwdriver. but then i got then engine back together and it seems like the timing slipped. here is a video of it at idle then i put it in drive and give it a little gas.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIHarSP0YSo

Sounds like a couple of dead cylinders...Go back through the valves & see if any are tight, or jacked up... its easy to miss the lifters when installing the pushrods.

yeah i know, its a pain to get those push rods in there. and come to think of it my buddy did the pushrods for the back 2 cylinders so im going to take the valve covers off and chack them all tonight.

yeah i know, its a pain to get those push rods in there. and come to think of it my buddy did the pushrods for the back 2 cylinders so im going to take the valve covers off and chack them all tonight.

Buddy, huh..... one thing I've learned when working on stuff with friends, double check all of their work, sometimes "help" turns into disaster down the road.

^^ what he said! lol last time a buddy of mine clocked the turbo for me he forgot to tighten the housing back the night before dyno day, cost me 120 hp had to redyno the next day, all in fun tho

My 2003 was doing something similar, found out I had 1 valve seat basicly coming out, and 3 other ones just about fell out when we got the head off. Not to scare you or anything

Back