Bad vibration

oldblue116

My 94 is giving me a bad vibration at higher speeds. It was bad enough that last time I towed my trailer it cracked the case on my t-case and ruined the internals. I bought new tires, alignment, had them all rotated, new tranny mount, new rear u joints, and pulled the front drive shaft just to eliminate that out of the equation. Is there something I have over looked?

Thanks for any help, Mark.

Minimal amount. Also If I am on the highway and give it enough throttle to where it's not accelerating, and not decellerating it does not do it.

Minimal amount. Also If I am on the highway and give it enough throttle to where it's not accelerating, and not decellerating it does not do it.

I'm not gonna say it is definitely your pinion but I'd say check your in and out play not just side to side. It sounds suspiciously like mine when the inner pinion bearing was going out.

I'm not gonna say it is definitely your pinion but I'd say check your in and out play not just side to side. It sounds suspiciously like mine when the inner pinion bearing was going out.

There was no I'n and out play. Just side to side which was hardly anything.

What should I do to check specs? I'm not very knowledgeable on differentials at all.

Drop the cover and put a dial indicator on the ring gear.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

don't be afraid of the diff .... super simple just take your time and get it right even if it takes all day ..... I just did my 70 and was really happy about doing it with out any help .... first time with out a coach around ..... its all fixable unless you break it ....LOL

I took the drive shaft to get re-balanced and took it for a spin. Felt better, but I was backing out of a parking spot and got a feeling like I had a tire coming off the rim. It was hopping and making a noise. Chased it down to the front steering somewhere. Will fix it tomorrow "hopefully" and then get a better test drive to see if the shaft fixed my bad vibe.