Banks Big Hoss Intake!! Anybody???

ZZ custom Fabrication has some of the best available , Greg has done his home work on the flow bench , and paying attention that the end ports have sufficient plenum volume and room for the air to turn and make enter , this one pictured .
I have many data log runs where this manifold reduced the EGT on cylinder 5 and 6 bringing them in live with the other cylinders . I made extensive use of having 6 EGT’s with the RPM performance data logger , and Greg at ZZ used this to make improvements on his manifold . His manifold comes as a complete kit with piping , clamps and hold downs for the high pressure fuel lines .

cr_side_entrance_1_07002copy.jpg

100_0544.jpg

100_0543.jpg

Damn it man. I almost pissed myself when I saw the sledge-o-matic.

someone should make one with individual runners for each intake port. With these you still have pressurized air just going into a big log. $.02

someone should make one with individual runners for each intake port. With these you still have pressurized air just going into a big log. $.02

Then were are you going to put the sensors and fuel rail?:poke:

Then were are you going to put the sensors and fuel rail?:poke:

If your going to cut the head and do something that drastic, I'm sure you can figure out where you can put a couple sensors and the fuel rail. :bang

that manifold has already been designed and built , with 12 individual intake ports , there is a lot of benefits to porting , and to a well designed manifold. I have been involved from the beginning on theses intakes , and there are a lot of perimeters that must be met to achieve the best possible results .

Cheyenne Bodie wants to know if you can mount a second CP3 to the banks manifold...

possible but not real easy from what I hear. I plan to do it, Malcom has done it and it does require some additional fab work. I will know soon how big of a pain it is.

Don, we know you are the number 1 Houge Swinger. Probably the underlying reason for your heavy drinking. :poke:

didn't the ZZ intake have problems with ballooning at high psi??? U won't find a better piece than hellmans in flow, quality, and strength. We have a banks big hoss in the shop off a customers truck and they are pure crap already cracks from high pressure, looks as if it's ready to explode.

didn't the ZZ intake have problems with ballooning at high psi??? U won't find a better piece than hellmans in flow, quality, and strength. We have a banks big hoss in the shop off a customers truck and they are pure crap already cracks from high pressure, looks as if it's ready to explode.

What are you calling high pressure?

post up some pictures of the cracking, and what kind of pressure are you talking about?

Some of the first manifolds that Greg did were aluminum , like the first one of project X , and they had a few problems , but that was mostly attributed to the top hold down screws being put in the wrong locations for their lengths . These were preproduction parts .

Since then, all of Greg’s manifolds at ZZ are Stainless steel. , this is the advantage to building hundreds of manifold , finding all of the problems .
As far as the Banks , I can not see any problems with that cast part , and haven’t heard any problems , they don’t make a side draft manifold for the 24 valve ZZ dose , and will make any custom manifold you can dream up.

Here is a fact , One of the big pulling engine builders, use Greg for all of their manifolds and cylinder head work . Their new 3.0 motor program is leading the pack at well over 1650 hp .

As far as flow , have you ever even stood near a flow bench , I have , and I know what the results would be if you flowed the back ports on a 24 valve head , if you want , I’ll flow the manifolds in question , or better yet Let GBE with their advanced flow benches flow all three , I’m willing to send one of Greg’s manifolds to Azusa , I trust the guys there to show integrity and put out the results , but you might not like them.
So the next time you spout flow , you might want to know the facts before you toss it out there