Banks Intercooler question

Digger_717

Banned
Are they worth it? I dont have an exact cost, I just assume it is around $1100 just like all of the others. I do tow sometimes and only have an MP-8 on her right now, but looking at a BullyDog tuner real soon. I have heard that these engines run high EGT's....so thought the intercooler might help.

Any advise??????????

HTT just came out with some new intercoolers, but I don't know if there is one for the 6.7 yet.
Installed one on a 5.9 truck and it is a very nice unit. I'm only guessing, but it's gotta be cheaper than a Banks.

From what I have heard most people will admit Banks sells pretty good intercoolers and are usually on the cheaper side too. Even some people I know that hate Banks run 'em.

Is the 6.7 intercooler different than the 5.9 ?
I haven't looked so I have no idea...if it's the same you need to contact Hellmann Performance here on the site.

From what I have been reading today, that Banks Intercooler will not work well with the TS Performance MP-8.

I just read that in one of the other threads....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I do not think the 5.9 and 6.7 intercoolers are the same...Bnaks just came out with the 6.7 cooler a few months ago and the 5.9 has been out for years.

JacktheBear3 said:
From what I have been reading today, that Banks Intercooler will not work well with the TS Performance MP-8.

I just read that in one of the other threads....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

lol! :hehe:

After the total lack of respect that GBE and especially Colin Banks has shown to competitors and mainly Dennis Perry/TS Performance I do not care how good or how much cheaper a Banks intercooler would be over someone elses, I will not give ANY of my money to GBE until they change their image, especially Colin. What he said to Dennis is probably the lowest stuff I've read in a while. It's one thing to make false claims and publish biased comparisons and publicly bash your competitors but when you privately send a man such as Dennis Perry messages containing insults to him, his company and the products they sell then it makes you nothing but a piece of crap. Dennis Perry has much, much MUCH more respect from diesel enthusiasts at this point than GBE could ever have.

Give someone else your hard earned dollars that DESERVE it, GBE does not.

One other thing to consider is to check how much PSI they are rated for. Some are rated for 100psi or more.... not sure where the banks is rated.

torqueofthetown said:
One other thing to consider is to check how much PSI they are rated for. Some are rated for 100psi or more.... not sure where the banks is rated.

the Banks Intercoolers do well when it comes to PSI, but they are tested and exposed to an extreme amount of HOT AIR (it's something that is abundant at the factory) and excels in conditions were HOT AIR is excessive.

It's ability to withstand more than normal amounts or HOT AIR, make it a good choice when shopping for an intercooler. PSI, should be considered.... :bang:hehe:LOL:ft::blahblah1:*nx*:welcome:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

torqueofthetown said:
i woudl like to know this as well.

along with the system pressure drop from inlet to outlet. from what i have heard it is barely better than stock

JacktheBear3 said:
the Banks Intercoolers do well when it comes to PSI, but they are tested and exposed to an extreme amount of HOT AIR (it's something that is abundant at the factory) and excels in conditions were HOT AIR is excessive.

It's ability to withstand more than normal amounts or HOT AIR, make it a good choice when shopping for an intercooler. PSI, should be considered.... :bang:hehe:LOL:ft::blahblah1:*nx*:welcome:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I don't care who ya are, thats funny right there:bow:

torqueofthetown said:
I don't care who ya are, thats funny right there:bow:

I did not know if anybody was gonna pick up on that..... you are on the ball TorqueTown:thankyou2:

And now that we have a better understanding of the enginneering capabilities, it is safe to say we now know what product segment in the Diesel Performance Industry they will lead.

Even Colin has to be chucklling at this one

I had no idea that there was bad blood between Banks and TS...I run an MP-8 and I love it. I thought you guys didn't like Banks for other reasons like too high claim on power parts and no smoke etc etc....I had no idea there was insults against Sheila and Dennis.

Banks is out for me too then.....even if I have to build an intercooler myself.

I am going with Hellman all the way now. Thanks for the info.

I'd like to know more about the Banks folks if anyone wishes to tell me....PM me if it is best to do so. Dont want CompD being the bully against Banks. Seems there is some dirty laundry there!!!!!!!!!

Digger_717 said:
bully against Banks. Seems there is some dirty laundry there!!!!!!!!!

Banks has no one to blame but themselves. They have and continue to rub people wrong way, and it won't end until they knock off the bs.

Digger....

I don't know banks or Hellman on a personal level.

I do know that Hellman is a Hard Working SOB, and "HE" is innovating.... Too busy to chase the competitors to find their shortcomings.... to busy too make glossy centerfolds in magazines, too hard at work trying to solve some local guys problem.

Banks is a Machine. I would love to get my small operation to that point where I could focus on Crown Royal and the people that drink it regularly... But I can't, I don't think Hellman can, but I know that someone like hellman that is working will get a product to your door that has more tender loving care for the dollar than anything a machine can put on the street.

Don't do it because of what you read the machine paste on our forum, do it because you really love your truck, the diesel philosophy, and the people that think like you. China is a machine, they are eating away at the thing we call America.... Buy from Hellman because he is into the truck you love.... Did I spell Helman correctly?

Anyway, I am into the Holiday Spirit ( a few cold spirits ) if you can't tell and I am voicing an opinion. Take it for what it's worth.... The best of the best come out of small shops. We all have bills to pay and fuel to buy.... The price sometimes over whelms us... but at the end of the day, you gotta feed the family. We (Hellman) is your family and you gotta take that into consideration when making that decision.

There are GOATS all over this country, they will keep the machines fed, if you enjoy CompD and the crazy's that hang here I would think you would be proud to tell your neighbor you have a HELLMAN cooler in the front of your ride.

BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM.....