BD or BTS tranny

POWERSTROKER

ok with the tax return i will have enough $$ to order a new tranny, but i'm torn between BD and BTS, i know BTS has outstanding customer service, but i talked to both of them on the phone and they seem to have the same internal modifications, and the BD converter SOUNDS like a more heavy duty converter, so i need some opinions here, theres not much price difference so it comes down to which is really better. ANY SUGGESTIONS

I love my BTS trans.
Night and Day better than stock and Brian and Patti were great to deal with and I know that they stand behind their product.

I have zero experience with the BD.

I too, have the NADP tranny in my Dodge, and it is awesome! Great folks to deal with too!

Powerstroke, I do not have much experience with the BTS transmission other than what I read on the Forums and they seem like a solid transmission. I am not posting to compare, or tear down the BTS transmissions but If you have any questions please feel free to ask...

I spend a lot of time on diesel forums and if you ever need assistance with the BD transmission or any BD parts I am usually pretty easy to find.

I agree BTS i have one in my 6.0 love it and my neighbor has one in his 7.3 and talk about night and day in that thing wow!!!! BTS all the way!!!

What... and I am not a great guy to deal with?

on second thoughts... don't answer that! :hehe:

Our no hassle warranty ends at 450RWHP, with that being said we have warranted transmission well past that. After 450RWHP we just want the transmission here for inspection and if it was an obvious BD part failure than we warrant the transmission and the labour costs involved with the re&re. With that being said, its not that black and white, to say our warranty is only good to 450HP is misleading, who knows how much horsepower anyone really has anyway, its not like we dyno the truck before deciding warranty.

Now that you have brought it up I am curious if you know of any diesel transmission rebuilders who will put in writing that they warranty their transmission past 500RWHP? I am sure some shops will but do you know of any? if so do they cover labour as well, or just parts?

Why not just charge extra for no hassle no horsepower transmission warranty?

Why not just charge extra for no hassle no horsepower transmission warranty?

Sure.... how much are you willing to pay for it?

If you really need an example to why we do not...

What if someone was running say 600HP doing burnouts on pavement with 44" dual rear wheels and tears the transmission up. We should warrant that transmission because someone does not know the physics behind 1000 ft/lbs of torque and 10,000 pounds of steal.

Again show me someone that has a no hassle, unlimited HP transmission warranty????????????

hello, anyone there?

Again show me someone that has a no hassle, unlimited HP transmission warranty????????????

Still franticaly google searching huh? well I will be back Monday?

Have a great weekend guys!

:pop: :pop:

Last edited:
Sure.... how much are you willing to pay for it?

If you really need an example to why we do not...

What if someone was running say 600HP doing burnouts on pavement with 44" dual rear wheels and tears the transmission up. We should warrant that transmission because someone does not know the physics behind 1000 ft/lbs of torque and 10,000 pounds of steal.

The way I look at is, WARRANTY IS WARRANTY. Is the company going to stand behind there product? I mean you already said you don't have a dyno there, how do you know what the person was doing to blow it up? If I take a 450hp truck and try and sled pull 80k are you still going to warranty it?

im pretty sure brain will warranty it!!! Cuz im at 500 or so now and i have talked to him and he said anything happen call him and he take care of it!

NP Heinz and ill back brian anyday He is a World of knowledge and for everyone who works there And even the good lookin lil secretary thats not brians wife are all great people and do a great job