BD or BTS tranny

The way I look at is, WARRANTY IS WARRANTY. Is the company going to stand behind there product? I mean you already said you don't have a dyno there, how do you know what the person was doing to blow it up? If I take a 450hp truck and try and sled pull 80k are you still going to warranty it?

Read the post again, we have a Mustang Dyno and a tranny Dyno but how do we dyno a truck that is 3000 miles away?

Talk to any "educated" tranny guy and I am sure they will agree its not hard to tell when a transmission failed due to stupidity!

If the customer told us the transmission was being used for sled pulling, we would build it for sled pulling but again show me anyone that warrants sled pulling transmissions guys??? Put your money where your mouth is, it is too easy for you guys to come on here and sling crap at the manufactures that sell you the parts and pay for the forums but when it comes time to backing anything you go hide behind you PC.

What gets me is... so you know how many times someone had taken a shot at me or BD on the forums only to apologize a week later by PM and then ask for a discount on a part they need. Really guys, its getting old.

:thankyou2: im pretty sure brain will warranty it!!! Cuz im at 500 or so now and i have talked to him and he said anything happen call him and he take care of it!

Your are "pretty sure" so nothing in writting?

i have his word and thats all i need he is a great guy and hes not out to get anybody!

Read the post again, we have a Mustang Dyno and a tranny Dyno but how do we dyno a truck that is 3000 miles away?

Talk to any "educated" tranny guy and I am sure they will agree its not hard to tell when a transmission failed due to stupidity!

If the customer told us the transmission was being used for sled pulling, we would build it for sled pulling but again show me anyone that warrants sled pulling transmissions guys??? Put your money where your mouth is, it is too easy for you guys to come on here and sling crap at the manufactures that sell you the parts and pay for the forums but when it comes time to backing anything you go hide behind you PC.

What gets me is... so you know how many times someone had taken a shot at me or BD on the forums only to apologize a week later by PM and then ask for a discount on a part they need. Really guys, its getting old.

First of ALL, I did not slam you. Second of All I will not apologize. I was just asking questions about your product and wanted more info. I have paid to play and will pay some more.:thankyou2:

NP Heinz and ill back brian anyday He is a World of knowledge and for everyone who works there And even the good lookin lil secretary thats not brians wife are all great people and do a great job

I am sure they are great people, but answer the question YES or NO will they put into writing that they will warrant their transmissions, parts and labour for any HP range? Its pretty simple guys, let me guess, you really do not want to speak for some one else, they why are you?

i have his word and thats all i need he is a great guy and hes not out to get anybody!

I am not disputing that he is man of his word, as I assure you I am not out to get anyone either but you can not sit there and tell me he is going to cover his transmission under any circumstances... no one will! There is too much power available today and to many novice diesel buyers in the market. He would be crazy to back any transmission under any circumstance.

I am sure he knows you are not an idiot an know how to drive your rig so his word to you is probably gold but don't tell me if I phoned him and said I want a transmission for 650HP so I could do burn outs with my huge tires on it, he would say "no worries you have my word the transmission is fully covered"

Last edited:
Brian just built my trans for a cr conversion. He told me if I break it He wants it back so it can be improved. I asked him for how long, he told me however long it takes you to break it. He laughed when I asked about a 5r110 being built to handle 1500+ ft lbs. I didn't even get a receipt. LOL He went out of his way and supplied a 4r100 core for next to nothing. One of the most honest, upfront guys I have delt with.

Just supplying the information requested:
If you go to Brian's website: www.brianstruckshop.com you can read on the home page that "Our transmissions will change the way your truck performs! All our products are guaranteed for 2 years. No more hard starts when towing." Also you can click on the Super Tranny's Feature article from January 2004 and within the article it states that "We'll take his word for it because he backs these babies up with a two-year warranty-even in trucks like ours."

He doesn't come out and say that he does or does not warranty any HP levels or any types of off road activities, only that he warranties all parts for two years.

Personally I've never owned a BD transmission therefore I can't make a judgement on one, but I have owned a BTS and Brian knew exactly what I had done to my motor and that it was a sled puller and would be running a healthy shot of nitrous. When I left the shop he told me that if I ever had any problems with the trans, just send it back to him and he would fix it.

I never had any problems, so I guess I don't know if he would have warrantied it fully or not, but I like to think he would have.

Like Sinner said u dont get a reciept or anything and he tells you its covered do what you want with it. He knows i go to the strip and knows i love to pull! And as i left he said if it breaks bring it back ill build it better and ill take care of it

Brian just built my trans for a cr conversion. He told me if I break it He wants it back so it can be improved. I asked him for how long, he told me however long it takes you to break it. He laughed when I asked about a 5r110 being built to handle 1500+ ft lbs. I didn't even get a receipt. LOL He went out of his way and supplied a 4r100 core for next to nothing. One of the most honest, upfront guys I have delt with.

One more time guys, I am sure he is a great guy but I am also sure he is not an idiot... so hear is the challenge. Does anyone have his number, I would like to invite him to come on here and back what you are saying. To give us his "word" that he will warrant any of his transmissions for any application, period!

I spent almost 3 hours on the phone going over the engine build so he could get a baseline for the torque convertor. He said if it does not work well with the engine I cover shipping and he will change whats needed. Pretty hard to argue with that.

One more time guys, I am sure he is a great guy but I am also sure he is not an idiot... so hear is the challenge. Does anyone have his number, I would like to invite him to come on here and back what you are saying. To give us his "word" that he will warrant any of his transmissions for any application, period!

I think he's the transmission building type, not the forum type. LOL

I like the way u think and the guy isnt a computer guy i dont think! But then again ya never know who in the hell wants a shop in lead hill!!!

I never had any problems, so I guess I don't know if he would have warrantied it fully or not, but I like to think he would have.

Thanks SEOHPowerstroke

That's all I asked for, I know who he is and he makes one hell of a transmission and does stand behind his work but he is not stupid enough to come on here and say he will warrant his transmission under any circumstance like I am being asked to do, would you agree with that?

Last edited:
Thanks SEOHPowerstroke

That's all I asked for, I know who he is and he makes one hell of a transmission and does stand behind his work but he is not stupid enough to come on here and say he will warranty his transmission under any circumstance like I am being asked to do, would you agree with that?

I just spent one day with Brian and I would say he's the type of guy that would do what he said. And he will be strait up honest with you. And they aren't losing business, the man is known in the PSD world as one that when he say's something, you can take it to the bank. PERIOD.

I would venture to say that if a poll were taken that more than 40% of PSD owners that are competing in off road activities at competitive levels are running a BTS transmission. And I would be willing to bet that out of those people at least 95% of them would be returning customers if they built another project. There must be a reason for that.

Actually I am in sales not tranny building, I do not see other manufactures on here this and other sites participating as much as I do, and do you know why that is? Because you guys beat the heck out of them, when most of the time they are just trying to help out.

For your information I am on 7 different forums with over 15,000 posts, does that qualify me as a "forum guy" yet this is the only forum I get flack on.

Most of the time I am helpful, I help out with claims, send our free replacement parts, give member discounts, help people on the weekends when I am at home on my own time.

Perhaps you need to find out why I am on here, I was asked to be here?

I just spent one day with Brian and I would say he's the type of guy that would do what he said. And he will be strait up honest with you. And they aren't losing business, the man is known in the PSD world as one that when he say's something, you can take it to the bank. PERIOD.

I would venture to say that if a poll were taken that more than 40% of PSD owners that are competing in off road activities at competitive levels are running a BTS transmission. And I would be willing to bet that out of those people at least 95% of them would be returning customers if they built another project. There must be a reason for that.

I agree but will he come on here and post that he will cover any transmission under any circumstance; like I am being asked to do? that's how this whole thing started!

Why do you guys keep dancing around this simple question?

Will he or will he not?

I agree but will he come on here and post that he will cover any transmission under any circumstance; like I am being asked to do? that's how this whole thing started!

Why do you guys keep dancing around this simple question?

Will he or will he not?

No he is not going to come on this site and say anything. It's not his cup of tea.

But I do agree with you Dave, you can't make money at a business if you are replacing tranny parts all day for free when you know damn well some idiot was out there screwing off jumping his truck or hookin it to D-10 dozer waiting for something to break.

But if you are trying to get out of replacing a trans that failed while competing in a sled pull or drag race event, then R&D needs to go back to the drawing board and start over. -That was a generalized statement not directed to anyone.