BD Power Staging Limiter, Anyone have one or tried one???

Foster#17

Im looking into getting a BD Staging limiter for more consistent 1/4 mile times, Anyone ever tried one or have one? How hard are they to hook up??

Im tryin to get some more consistent times! Ill run a 12.78 then the next run a 13.0 and end up getting eliminated. It sucks, and I noticed that launching at different boost levels is what seems to be making the difference

You could spend the money on that, or spend the money on more track time to become more consistent.

Most people that go often can get within a tenth every single time.

Thats true, Im there every Friday. It sucks because theres no specific truck class, There are 160mph street cars in my class and they are ridiculously good...

I go through the same thing, I relatively new to the drag racing thing and haven't got my setup completely dialed in. I've been racing every chance I get this year and am finally getting it to be consistant

I tried one on my race truck and it didn't work right for my set-up (not sure if I have a bad box or my boost/fueling is way to aggressive). I do have a friend that has a mid 11 second dodge and his worked great for drag racing.

So on a common rail they use a throttle input off the pedal and there are three separate sensors right?

If they are resistance based, you might be able to grab a zener diode, wire stuff up with a switch, and toss in resisters to get it exactly where you want it. If you want to be cheap about it and your time isn't worth anything to you ;-)

From what I understand, You can set it up to run off of RPMS or Boost! And superdutyfarmer I see you're from PA! Have you heard of Beaver Springs Dragway? Thats where I run every Friday evening! I just started racing last year with the truck bone stock! went from almost 16 seconds last year down to 12.78 this year! I cant wait to get the thing really dialed in and be winning against the 160MPH cars haha I ended up with a 2nd place once but im shooting for 1st!:tree:

Its an easy install. I tried it about three times and havent touched it since. But that was back when I had a PCS valve body that was controlled off of TPS voltage, and a BOV controlled off of TPS voltage. All three being controlled off of TPS wasn't good. Now that I have a manual VB I am going to give it another shot. Reducing the sensitivity of the BOV might be key. And possibly adjusting torque management in the UDC tune might help as well.

Seems to work best on trucks with smaller turbos, but I have seen it work well. If you have a pretty loose converter in your truck that allows you to modulate boost then the limiter might be the ticket.

If you're looking to compete against serious bracket racers, you'll need all the help you can get.

You could spend the money on that, or spend the money on more track time to become more consistent.

Most people that go often can get within a tenth every single time.

When you're bracket racing, a tenth is huge against guys on the box.

I have one and I like it alot, the box is easy to adjust and very reaponsive. Mine is set to boost not rpm or throttle input and it works well, the boost fluctuates about 2 lbs or so according to my gauge and if you just flat foot it into the beams it will over boost than come down. My suggestion is to get a trans brake switch or something like it and put it above your pedal so your foot can trigger it, the factory way has a horrible delay to it.

I have one and I like it alot, the box is easy to adjust and very reaponsive. Mine is set to boost not rpm or throttle input and it works well, the boost fluctuates about 2 lbs or so according to my gauge and if you just flat foot it into the beams it will over boost than come down. My suggestion is to get a trans brake switch or something like it and put it above your pedal so your foot can trigger it, the factory way has a horrible delay to it.

Yeah I was looking at them and decided if I do go that route to run it off a window switch setup on the brake pedal.

You hook power to the switch from a power source than just hook the wire that is supposed to go to the brake switch to the other switch. I'll take a picture of my truck

Back