Be on the look out in 09!

Well after lots of ice last week and the holidays we finally got the motor on a nice little wooden stand we made in the shop and got the rear main seal, flexplate, starter, and what not on today along with the belt(pain in the a** btw) haha and got it set in the truck finally!!

photo6-2.jpg

:D

hope you installed the return fuel line before putting that motor in the truck they are a pain in the rear to put in when the engine/head is in the truck! toke me like a hour and half to get the banjo bolt in the head lost one washer in the process and that was just replacing the head gasket.

Well after lots of ice last week and the holidays we finally got the motor on a nice little wooden stand we made in the shop and got the rear main seal, flexplate, starter, and what not on today along with the belt(pain in the a** btw) haha and got it set in the truck finally!!

photo6-2.jpg

:D

hope you installed the return fuel line before putting that motor in the truck they are a pain in the rear to put in when the engine/head is in the truck! toke me like a hour and half to get the banjo bolt in the head lost one washer in the process and that was just replacing the head gasket.

apparently you do not understand the room in a powerstroke bay haha motor is now bolted in with the trans bolted to it along with got the tank in today!!!

That doesn't look like the MLS CR head gaskets I've seen, that looks like the marine style gasket I put in my 24v. Am I wrong here, and if not whats the reason for that headgasket vs. the MLS version.

nice truck and one hell of a engine!i wonder how it will fair in street drag racing, i'm putting all my marbles into your whoo! truck

Looking forward to seeing another set of twins with an s510. Everyone's packaging is different and I am sure yours will follow suit considering yours is going in a Ford.

It is a pain to get the twins plumbed around the heater box.

S510....wow!

Yeah no worries there pretty sure the heater box is coming out i know for sure the ac is gone as of now! lol but ya s510 gonna be nasty:evil

It looks really nice!

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing another set of twins with an s510. Everyone's packaging is different and I am sure yours will follow suit considering yours is going in a Ford.

yep hope she tears up the track and not so much the truck ha:stab:

That doesn't look like the MLS CR head gaskets I've seen, that looks like the marine style gasket I put in my 24v. Am I wrong here, and if not whats the reason for that headgasket vs. the MLS version.

Nope just standard mls with rings

Sorry, but that is not a MLS gasket:poke:

As TJ said, the gasket you have in the picture is a marine gasket;)

The project is looking good! :D

Sorry, but that is not a MLS gasket:poke:

As TJ said, the gasket you have in the picture is a marine gasket;)

The project is looking good! :D

Thats weird since I ordered a complete upper and lower gasket kit from Cummins using my motors VIN it deffently wasn't a marine motor but did come from a flooded out truck LOL haha guess its appropriate LOL

Thats weird since I ordered a complete upper and lower gasket kit from Cummins using my motors VIN it deffently wasn't a marine motor but did come from a flooded out truck LOL haha guess its appropriate LOL

:rolleyes:

hg2.jpg

Dude........That is not a MLS CR gasket:doh:

You may have ordered and bought an upper gasket kit for you ESN and delivered it to the shop that assembled your engine, but that is the extent of it. If you had the engine o-ringed, that is why they are using a marine gasket which is what is in the picture. The fire ring on a MLS gasket is not circular like a marine gasket and would not work well with o-rings. The MLS gasket from your gasket kit is either in the shops inventory or in another engine already!! LOL

:rolleyes:

hg2.jpg

Dude........That is not a MLS CR gasket:doh:

You may have ordered and bought an upper gasket kit for you ESN and delivered it to the shop that assembled your engine, but that is the extent of it. If you had the engine o-ringed, that is why they are using a marine gasket which is what is in the picture. The fire ring on a MLS gasket is not circular like a marine gasket and would not work well with o-rings. The MLS gasket from your gasket kit is either in the shops inventory or in another engine already!! LOL

I wasnt saying you were wrong :poke: i was agreeing and saying you were right and i was wrong no reason to get snappy just talked to my buddy luke who built the motor and i forgot i ordered the kit without the headgasket....I was just mistaken thinking it was a MLS since thats what most talk about running....

no reason to get snappy just talked to my buddy luke who built the motor and i forgot i ordered the kit without the headgasket....I was just mistaken thinking it was a MLS since thats what most talk about running....

I was not getting "snappy" :hehe:LOL

Hint: If someone asks you a question, and you are not sure of the answer or didn't do the work personally, make sure you convey that in your answer:poke: Cuts down on the "mis-information";)

I was not getting "snappy" :hehe:LOL

Hint: If someone asks you a question, and you are not sure of the answer or didn't do the work personally, make sure you convey that in your answer:poke: Cuts down on the "mis-information";)

10-4:stab:

Back