beat to death subject-Delivery Valves

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Ok. I know this subject has been brought up 1000's of times before and I've been doing research on it since december but I'm still not sure which one's to get. I'm still bouncing between 191's, .022's, and .024's. Here's my current list of mods:

215 pump benched at 445cc
Stock DV's
4K GSK (going in saturday)
100 plate
Modded AFC
Barrels turned
20.5* timing at the pump
7x.012 injectors at VP pop off's
HD Cam 181/210
HTT 66/71/13ss
HD Springs
HD Pushrods
FASS 95 at 30psi
Full billet DTT
.084 injection lines

With the stock GSK I'm leaving a faint trail of smoke at 45psi with the plate and AFC housing full forward (stupid 2400rpm defueling). Truck gets driven every day and is about to start being driven 500+ miles a week. My goal is 600hp (although 500hp would be nice LOL ). I'm thinking the 191's would give me all that I need but I keep hearing and reading such good things about the .022's and .024's. I want to pull the trigger on these tomorrow so any help would be greatly appreciated. I've got a dyno on the 13th that I'm aiming for so I want to get these in and get to tuning cause I've got a lot of it to do.

Thanks for your help.

Your pump sponsor didn't include DVs? That's BS if you ask meLOL

Bump for ya... I wanna say .022/.024, but I'm no expert.

181's will do it...why not try them and see what happens;)

If the pump was benched at 445cc's with stock 181's, I'd leave it alone until you dyno...I laid down 551/1083 with a 71mm charger and 450cc's...more fuel to spare. You should have better airflow than me with the 24v, especially if that cam is as good as everyone says they are:D

Why didn't you put DV's in before it was benched? Changing them will change the balance.

Chris

BTW...I beat you to 500 a while ago, and you still haven't done it? Sheesh Tyler! :D

i've heard you can do 600hp + on stock 215 dv's. Any truth to this? my pump should be around 500cc hopefully.

Chris I've thought about doing that but figure what the hell. I want everything I can get. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. With the plate full forward and the AFC housing full forward I can clean up 95% of the smoke at 45psi. I'm gonna play with the OFV and get some more pressure out of the FASS. It drops to about 25-22psi at WOT.

And I haven't been on the dyno since the p-pump so I'm anxious to see how it runs. I'm REALLY anxious to get the 4k kit in and go drive it and see how it runs when it fuels over 2400rpm LOL.

Chris I've thought about doing that but figure what the hell. I want everything I can get. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. With the plate full forward and the AFC housing full forward I can clean up 95% of the smoke at 45psi. I'm gonna play with the OFV and get some more pressure out of the FASS. It drops to about 25-22psi at WOT.

And I haven't been on the dyno since the p-pump so I'm anxious to see how it runs. I'm REALLY anxious to get the 4k kit in and go drive it and see how it runs when it fuels over 2400rpm LOL.

Depending on how my VGT spooled, I could make peak power anywhere from 2600RPM to 3800RPM...and that was with my plate all the way back, AFC full back...I think I had plenty of pump:D

Keep the fuel pressure above 35psi, and it should help in the top end. Go with 5K's;)

That being said, if you want to change them, I ran 022's in my last pump...liked them better than the laser cuts, but I never got to dyno with them.

Chris

Something bout my auto shifting at 3500rpm seems to make 5k's unneccesary. LOL

The truck just doesn't seem like it has the fuel. Hopefully the 4k will bring out the fuel I think I'm lacking.

Chris, I'm definitely not doing laser cuts unless I drop an s480 or something under this 66.

Something bout my auto shifting at 3500rpm seems to make 5k's unneccesary. LOL

The truck just doesn't seem like it has the fuel. Hopefully the 4k will bring out the fuel I think I'm lacking.

Chris, I'm definitely not doing laser cuts unless I drop an s480 or something under this 66.

Nope, try it;) My 5K's are WAAAAAAAYYYY smoother than any 4K set in any truck I've ever been around. They just seem like they're too picky...the 5's are actually as smooth as my 3K's.

022's should be the last thing you ever need;)
Chris

i dont have any experience with 4's but my 5's are smooth as silk when i bring the R's up. i know they are touchy when the motor is cold tho, its like an on-off switch.

i dont have any experience with 4's but my 5's are smooth as silk when i bring the R's up. i know they are touchy when the motor is cold tho, its like an on-off switch.

Mine are smooth all the time...you still have Brandon's old pump TJ??

Chris

yup, only change was i swapped ful cuts for 191's...it puts out a little fuel still tho.

yup, only change was i swapped ful cuts for 191's...it puts out a little fuel still tho.

His was never quite as smooth as mine...we tried changing timing, adjusting the springs, everything, and just couldn't get it quite right...of course, he was just pulling with it, so he didn't care.

Mine is wicked, I hate to sell it, but I don't need it...I found it a good home though!

Chris

I'd like to discuss this further but I'm in a shot war with the general contractor at hooters. LOL

Get plowed and log back on...we'll spend more of your money when your wasted!

Chris

Now that's a true friend right there. LOL I won this battle. I'd say the name of the shots but I don't think they are site friendly LOL.

i've heard you can do 600hp + on stock 215 dv's. Any truth to this? my pump should be around 500cc hopefully.

Many times, 181's are a good DV, having said that .024's are suppose to flow 20% more but I have personally never tried them.

Jim

I think the 66 is too big for you Tyler...you need a 62!

wanna trade? LOL

i believe the reason why it looks like your out of fuel is that the stock gov. springs arent giving you nearly the amount of fuel you have. When i swaped to 3ks (which still get me to 3600+ rpm) my truck smoked more with the same set up i have now.