beat to death subject-Delivery Valves

Non-fluted, fuel passes through the main body of the valve, fuel is unrestricted when the recession is uncovered. Your delivery valves were done by Jon Link.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought the "shoulder" people refer to was known as the retraction, I was mistaken.

Jon Link, as in JL machine correct? I did'nt know he did the dv's for industrial. May I ask why they do not smoke like one would think they should?

These add north of 100cc's @ 21mm rack.

26368_392767430912_506865912_4330840_1636110_n.jpg

100cc's over 131s? How's there driveablility, are they more for competition only or can the be street driven without a lot of smoke or high EGT's?

Modified stock parts, +90cc's over 191's @ 21mm, some drive them on the street, I most likely wouldn't.

The valve on the left or Rt.? Is the one on the Rt. like the set Im running now? If so I thier a good design so far, not near as smokey or hot as a no shouldered valve but plently of fuel, Ive made some nice fuel only passes on them.

Modified stock parts, +90cc's over 191's @ 21mm, some drive them on the street, I most likely wouldn't.

Wow, that's some serious fricken fuel!!!

Weston, do they haze, cause the truck to run rough, or a combination? In other words why would you not likely drive these on the street?

They may haze depending, but they are quite a bit of fuel for the street, they flow the same as a full cut.

I could post up a video one day when I get my stuff all back together and running. My truck wont see the street again.

They may haze depending, but they are quite a bit of fuel for the street, they flow the same as a full cut.

So if they act like full cuts on the street and flow like full cuts, why not go with full cuts? Price? Or am I missing something?

So if they act like full cuts on the street and flow like full cuts, why not go with full cuts? Price? Or am I missing something?

I would assume the seat that comes with Smokem's valve (or valve Smokem posted up if it's not his:p) would end injection upon the top of that hole sinking past the holder side of the seat. This would end injection much like a delivery valve with a shoulder but allow almost no restriction when the hole is fully uncovered.

Perhaps my explanation is off but that's my guess.

Full cuts don't end the injection event with anything more then the hat of the valve sealing to the top of the seat which isn't much seal.

Was having a discussion with 94 12valve the other day about his full cuts leaking fuel through the holders while the motor was off and the air dog was running. This was not seen with a delivery valve with a shoulder.

They are cut like they are for a reason, tried a few different measurements, there is a specific tolerance needed to get the fuel to flow past the collar. I do not remove as much material as the common laser/full cuts for a reason, by removing the additional material you increase the area that needs to be filled to open the delivery valve. This method improves response, and is much more controllable, but the tolerance is very small, no more than 0.001" across all six.

Wow, that's some serious fricken fuel!!!

Weston, do they haze, cause the truck to run rough, or a combination? In other words why would you not likely drive these on the street?

They do idle haze quite a bit more than a 191 it seems, but not near the smake down track as a complete shoulderless full cut valve. Ive noticed quicker spool and snappier throttle response along with ~ a couple hundred degrees down track. Still have not poured all the fuel available to them to get a full out compairasion between the 191 and these cut valves but, Ive many 5 second blasts on fuel only with temp's more managable than Ive even seen in the truck. Partly due to the fact that this car doesnt seem to load the engine near what the heavy ass truck did.
Ryan

They do idle haze quite a bit more than a 191 it seems, but not near the smake down track as a complete shoulderless full cut valve. Ive noticed quicker spool and snappier throttle response along with ~ a couple hundred degrees down track. Still have not poured all the fuel available to them to get a full out compairasion between the 191 and these cut valves but, Ive many 5 second blasts on fuel only with temp's more managable than Ive even seen in the truck. Partly due to the fact that this car doesnt seem to load the engine near what the heavy ass truck did.
Ryan

Cool Ryan thanks for the info! How do they compare in haze and smoke to the 022s I got from you?

Cool Ryan thanks for the info! How do they compare in haze and smoke to the 022s I got from you?

These are more for sure, I have quite a bit more turbo than I did then and they are still quite a bit dirtier, Id concider them a compitition valve the same as full cuts.

I have another idea, should have some results by the end of the month.