best chip for 2nd gen?

KumminsKid

What is the best chip for my 1998.5 24valver? ive heard mixed review about nearly everything. Lookin for a decent one at a decent price.

Edge Comp, or TST Comp. FMS by Blue Chip Diesel is also a good box but a little pricey.:st:

Im sure u knew what he ment, so help him out. Edge Comp or Quad ADR. Tst is good but never ran one. A buddy of mine had a quad and his popped really bad. I have a smarty and FMS and is really smooth. If u could find one for cheap and used it would be worth it.

my buddy loved his adreline. with the 4k tune it should be pretty good. or drag comp

Drag comp. BUT, do you have a fass or airdog to keep your VP alive?

I have tried them all - except the newest 4k adrenaline.

The Blue Chip FMS is the best all around box, IMO.

Edge drag comp, and a smarty or blue chip fms and a smarty but u will need a air dog or fass fuel pump

not trying to be an azz, but there is alot of useful information on this site, check out the search function.

welcome to compd

Chips are for Fords... and salsa.... ;)

Best Fueling/Timing box for the money is an Edge Comp. Used for about $400 or so usually...

Heard a few good things about the Quad ADR but haven't tried one myself yet...

If you get a comp, get gauges of some sort, a fuel system (FASS or other), and save for a trans/clutch...

Smarty isnt worth the money unless you want a code reader. Drag comp is the best bang for the buck

I'd put a bag of Doritos on that Kummins and watch it smoke...that would be kool! LOL

A smarty for a 2nd gen. doesnt add a lot like a drag comp,fms, and tst.
It adds a lot for the 3rd gens.

why do so many people prefer the drag comp. over such thing as a smarty

On a 24v you have to tap the wire to get more fuel. Programmers (Smarty) can't do that. Boxes like the Edge comp, TST, Quad ADR, etc... do...

I do like my smarty though, just for daily driving, and getting rid of the torque management.

Back