best chip for 2nd gen?

I have had 2 comp boxes and currently have juice w/ attitude, never have I had a problem with any of these. I don't buy the failure rate statement either !

why do so many people prefer the drag comp. over such thing as a smarty
Because you'll be hard pressed to find any combo that makes more power than a drag comp. I'd recommend trying a bigger set of injectors before stacking another box. Wire tap boxes are needed for max power but they add more heat than power. Unless you're looking for 500+ hp you don't need another box. If you are looking for 500+ and you have something for timing, TST comp is a great fueling box.

I doubt the Juice makes the most power, but it is nice to have the attitude monitor and change on the fly adjustments. $.02

The percentages on the Edge failure numbers given may not be exact but they are close. Edge was bought out a couple years ago and their QC has went to the crapper. Granted it happens within the warranty period, they'll usually take care of you free of charge, its still a hassle to have to send the modules back and be without for any amount of time after forking over the $$$ to have one. The older ones do seem to last much longer than the ones made in the last few years.

As far as the OP goes, it definately depends on your goals. As was stated earlier, best bang for your buck is a used Edge Comp or Drag Comp. That will at least get you started and on your way to determining if thats the direction you really want to take.

I agree with Smoke, I bought my Edge attitude/juice back in 06 and it worked like a charm. The turbo timer screwed up one time and the truck would not turn off unless you unplugged the chip. Sent it to them and got a full updated version with a few more bells and whistles, just paid to ship it there.

I have to say if I were to do it again I would get a TST, fuels way harder. than a juice.

my dad has been looking for some adders and being a PSD guy I'm green w/ the cummins info.
A few of the PSD guys i've read about have had some FASS systems die.
What type of service life are you guys getting out of yours??

Also, sorry not trying to hijack the thread, i've done too much searching and not finding anything of use.

Back