best chip for 2nd gen?

thats what im trying to debate weather to get rid of my smarty for somthing else for more power or not. I have it stacked with a ts mvp. Should i run the smarty with added timeing or not since it is stacked?

sell the smarty or the TS mvp and buy a TST PM3...

If it where me cuz i like the smarty i'd keep the smarty and get a PM3. and sell the mvp. But then again I've never driven a MVP....

I had the drag comp and added the smarty, would like to try a PM3 but think I'm about done spending money on VP-44 stuff... :st: :charger:

What are your goals for the truck? Sledpulling, drag racing? And what are your current mods besides the Smarty and the MVP?

SMARTY and TST... the failure rate on the Edge setups now are just terrible. If I remember right, it's a 60% failure rate on the attitude monitor, and a 30 or 40% failure rate on the boxes..

A smarty for a 2nd gen. doesnt add a lot like a drag comp,fms, and tst.
It adds a lot for the 3rd gens

Agreed. After driving my buddys 05 with a smarty i decided to get it for my 02 only to realize it wasnt near the same. However it is nice to have the code reader and the adjustable settings. Quicker throttle response too. I love my setup

SMARTY and TST... the failure rate on the Edge setups now are just terrible. If I remember right, it's a 60% failure rate on the attitude monitor, and a 30 or 40% failure rate on the boxes..

I thought Quadzilla was the one with all the problems?

sell the smarty or the TS mvp and buy a TST PM3...

If it where me cuz i like the smarty i'd keep the smarty and get a PM3. and sell the mvp. But then again I've never driven a MVP....

I had the drag comp and added the smarty, would like to try a PM3 but think I'm about done spending money on VP-44 stuff... :st: :charger:

i like the mvp i just dont think im gettin the power out of it that i want thats why i want to move to a wire tapping one. Goals are to have a daily driver that i can pull some with every now and then. i got intake exhuast upgraded fuel pump and injectors. im planning on doing a 62mm high tech here in the future. Have you guys had much problems with your edges. like i said earlier i had a lot of problems with my attitude. i went through a couple map sensors and had some other problems with it.

not at all true

Yes, very true.. I've seen way more people send them back for issues, or have to un plug the box because their truck just flat out died on them. Fires right back up once the box is removed. And the local Diesel shop will tell you the same. They have LOTS of Edge failures. Way more then any others.

I think I may have been one of the lucky ones then. I have never had one problem with my drag comp since I bought it 5 years ago. I dont regret buying it at all. It is one of my favorite mods. Maybe QC was better at Edge back then. I dont know.

51-G-fC1I%2BL._SS500_.jpg

My TST comp has been stone reliable for over 5 years. Not too smokey, and stacks well.

Back