best chip for a 7.3

02psd7.3

hey i a new guy here but i was interested in finding out about what is the best chip for a 2002 7.3? my truck is a 2002 f250 with a 7.3 4x4 with a 6 speed and 6 in of lift with 37 in swampers i have the banks stinger plus package i want to take off the 90hp chip and replace it with something more. i was thinking about the ts 6 position chip and can this chip be stacked with anything

thanks
tim

Tim,

TS Performance 6 Position Chip is what I just installed in my truck yesterday.

8-26-06_TS_Performance_6_pos_002_Large_.jpg

Love the chip, best one I've ran so far in this truck.
Dennis, Sheila and the crew at TS are great to deal with.

I would recommend calling TS, tell them a little about your truck (i.e. tires, gears, trans, whatever else you have with the stinger plus package, etc..) and what you are looking to get out of it performance wise and see what they recommend for your application.

That's what I did.....Dennis recommended his NVK4 programming for my truck...and it kicks :shake:
Very smooth/refined power when you want to be easy on it.....and will really open up when you mash the skinny pedal :rockwoot:

In the 7.3L, chips can't be stacked with other chips and/or programmers. There are other "modules" that can be used inaddition to a programmer or chip. But, a properly tuned chip will pretty much get you all you can get out of stock injectors.

Oh, and :welcome: to CompDiesel

Hope this helps.
:Cheer:

I'm running the DP chip in my '02 and it rips pretty good. I love it and I know a lot of others are very pleased with theirs too. Jody and Dianne are also really cool and easy to deal with.

Hey Tim,

Welcome to the Site..He have several vendors here that can hook you up with a great 7.3 tune.. Check with them for best pricing and best tune for the Money... make sure that if you do call one of the Competitiond Diesel Vendors , that you mention your a member here .

Welcome again,

Phil

thanks for the quick replys does anyone have the numbers for ts and some other companys
thanks

TS Performance: 270-746-9999
www.tsperformance.com

I'm on my 4th chip...and 5th different programming in this truck...so far, these NVK4 TS burns are performing the best by far.

I talked with Dennis when I called.

ok i will call thanks will i save some cash for mentioning that i am a member here

02psd7.3 said:
ok i will call thanks will i save some cash for mentioning that i am a member here

I honestly don't know if you will or not.

Phil mentioned it so I figured I would too..... LOL LOL

What mods are you running with the TS chip? I am looking at putting it on an 01 6spd stroker. Pretty much stock except for superchips 80hp, strait pipe, BHAF (if that is the terminology in the Ford world), and south bend clutch. Hopefully gauges soon and 4 or 5 inch exhaust if needed.
Is it better than the DP chips?

I have an air intake, 5" straight pipe (4" downpipe), gauges......stock turbo and stock injectors....oh and a BTS transmission :rockwoot:

I've ran DP-Tuner and TS Performance. Just went back to TS Performance and have very glad that I did. This chip rocks :rockwoot:

Tony Wildman makes some killer tunes for 7.3's, cant remember what they cost but its well worth the $. 405-818-6365

luke