best chip for a 7.3

Im runnin a ts performance 6 pos. chip and it f@#$%%g kicks a$$...settings/50hp(good),75hp(better),100hp(ass kicker!),valet(wife mode),140hp(too much fuel..not enough air!!!)...good firm shifts(get 2nd and 3rds!!)...best chip ive run on truck:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :ylsuper: :Cheer: ....hope this helps..

When I had a 7.3 I was not very impressed with the TS programs, I went back with DP tuner,

i like my DP tuner... never ran a TS though. I think the DP has more custom programs available though (a la Tony Wildman)

I like Dp-Tuner for a custom tuned chip. I haven't ran another chip in my truck, but have driven plenty of trucks with other chips.
I did 313hp an 711tq with Jody's 120 setting. :rockwoot:

oldschoolPSD said:
i like my DP tuner... never ran a TS though. I think the DP has more custom programs available though (a la Tony Wildman)
What are you saying a la me?

Go with the TS chip over all shifting and performance are great and get even better with other upgrades such as tranny work :ylsuper:
Ive put down 328 Hp and 678Tq and run the 1/4 in 15.1
My engine is still stock including turbo and injectors.

JJeepyjohn said:
Go with the TS chip over all shifting and performance are great and get even better with other upgrades such as tranny work :ylsuper:
Ive put down 328 Hp and 678Tq and run the 1/4 in 15.1
My engine is still stock including turbo and injectors.

well i have a 6speed so shifting is up to me but i think ts is the way i going to go

02psd7.3,

The TS Performance is going to be really hard to best. They were the first folks to step out on the limb and really make some real HP numbers with the 7.3 chips. The chip that mopst folsk are useing (hardware wise) is the TS chip and that tells you something too! Everybody else is working off of their initial work etc. Dennis is always sending us new files to update older codes as hs just isn't satisfied until he has it as good as it can be.

If you have any questions on them or need one let us know.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark Craig said:
02psd7.3,

The TS Performance is going to be really hard to best. They were the first folks to step out on the limb and really make some real HP numbers with the 7.3 chips. The chip that mopst folsk are useing (hardware wise) is the TS chip and that tells you something too! Everybody else is working off of their initial work etc. Dennis is always sending us new files to update older codes as hs just isn't satisfied until he has it as good as it can be.

If you have any questions on them or need one let us know.

Mark @ DPPI
Not everybody!!

of the fast 7.3's out there TODAY that are running dennis's stuff, name one that is fast. he did pioneer the stuff and it was good until about 2 years ago, but it seems as though he doesn't care about tuning our stuff anymore .better stuff out there now. right lott?

I have run EVERYTHING... TS, DI, ATS, Tony Wildman, DP... The best I have had yet is the ATS with Tadds tunes... 363hp and 860tq... TS chip was about two years ago, but I dont know if that much has changed in that time... ATS!!!

yeah but 363hp on water/meth right? I gaurantee you Tony's tunes have com along way in the last year, heck look what kinda numbers im putting down with lil ol hybrids and h2e.

Would you guys agree that most of the 7.3 tunes will produce similar numbers and the only MAJOR difference is the name on the box?
I guess it comes down to who you are comfortable with?

nummit said:
Would you guys agree that most of the 7.3 tunes will produce similar numbers and the only MAJOR difference is the name on the box?
I guess it comes down to who you are comfortable with?

I would say yes and no... I can tell differences in each chip, how it shifts how it idles, how the step in on the throttle is...

Luke, yes that was with Water/meth at 40% but on stock injectors... I have a chip from Tony, still working on it.

BIGRPOWR said:
of the fast 7.3's out there TODAY that are running dennis's stuff, name one that is fast. he did pioneer the stuff and it was good until about 2 years ago, but it seems as though he doesn't care about tuning our stuff anymore .better stuff out there now. right lott?
My post was not to say that Mine is better than TS, my post was was made to correct the statement that everybody's tunes are based on what Dennis originally did. My tunes start with base Ford tunes and then modified from there.

I agree with csipsd.

Assuming everyone has their stuff together programming a chip....if you put it on a dyno the numbers will be very similar on the same truck (we did this a few years back with three different chips on the same truck on the dyno..swapped chips while still strapped down. All within a few hp of each other).

The major difference will be in the shifting, acceleration, performance, etc..

I don't think any tuner out there is "the end all of tuners".....as some may want you to believe.

I've heard lots of great things about DI (ridden in trucks with DI programming), Tadd at ATS (I originally was in contact with him to get a chip from him back when he had his own business when he decided to go to ATS), Tony Wildman, Cale at BTS, etc..

Of course, I've ran TS Performance and DP-Tuner in my truck....running TS Performance right now and very pleased with it.