best chip

kabbcummins

I am sure that this question has been asked many times but what is the best all around chip? I have heard the smarty is the best one out there... I am looking for something that will get me better fuel mileage and if some cocky little rice burners pulls along side me, i want to be able to blow his doors off. Ane also of importance, what chip ahve you guys found that smokes alot too? I have a 2007 5.9CR 6 speed 30,000 miles... I am open to anything. Throw some suggestions out there for me and i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys

For me, Smarty is my main choice. I have had good luck with it. Each truck is different. To bad you can't go somewhere, have each one loaded at a time and dyno to see what gives you the most bang for your buck and then buy that one or two if you want to stack them.

Becareful with wanting to 'Smoke' alot. There are people that don't like that on here. It doesn't look good to our sport.
Now, I ain't one of them personally. Mine can smoke with the best of them. I just chose to keep it as clean as I can on the street to not draw attention to my truck. But there is the occassional ahole that needs a good puff for being stupid on the road.

I am sure that this question has been asked many times but what is the best all around chip? I have heard the smarty is the best one out there... I am looking for something that will get me better fuel mileage and if some cocky little rice burners pulls along side me, i want to be able to blow his doors off. Ane also of importance, what chip ahve you guys found that smokes alot too? I have a 2007 5.9CR 6 speed 30,000 miles... I am open to anything. Throw some suggestions out there for me and i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Hello and Welcome. It's not a chip you want. You want a module, or a programmer.

Becareful with wanting to 'Smoke' alot.
There are people that don't like that on here.
It doesn't look good to our sport.
Now, I ain't one of them personally. Mine can smoke with the best of them. I just chose to keep it as clean as I can on the street to not draw attention to my truck. But there is the occassional ahole that needs a good puff for being stupid on the road.

:bang:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:What?:hehe::hehe::hehe::bang

Pringles are definitely the most portable!

And if you want help leave the smoke out of it. That ain't gonna win you any brownie points on here.

Yeah Doritos are good. I like to smash them up in salad in place of croûtons.

Go with the Pringles though. More durable by far.

cool ranch doritos on a ham sandwhich is pretty much the best sandwhich known to man

this thread kills me LOL. That whole smoke alot will get your ole hind end chewed on here. Smoke does not mean power. It means I smoke everyone I see and don't give a sh**. SMOKING EVERYONE KILLS THE DIESEL COMMUNITY.

Now for the chip, I like more than one cause I'm a fat guy. I'm a Doritos kinda person. I would go with a Smarty or a Bully Dog. Find your closes diesel performance shop that is reputable and ask them. Or scroll through the site sponsors and vendors.

Thanks guys

The Smarty is going to be your best choice. It,s great right out of the box for a truck that is mostly stock. It will give you awesome MPG if you drive it in a sensible manner. It will grow with all future mods you can throw at the truck.WITH THAT BEING SAID THIS HOLE I WANT IT TO SMOKE ALLOT IS JUST THE KIND OF THINKING THAT GIVES THE DIESEL MOTOR SPORT A BAD NAME TO PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED IN IT ALL THE SEE IS A BIG TRUCK BLOWING BLACK SMOKE EVERY WERE. A REEL DIESEL ENTHUSIAST DOES NOT THINK ITS COOL TO BLOW SMOKE ALL OVER CITY STREETS AND THE PEOPLE THAT YOU SHARE THEM WITH. Hope this helps with your question and opens your eyes a bit.

Bob.

The Smarty is going to be your best choice. It,s great right out of the box for a truck that is mostly stock. It will give you awesome MPG if you drive it in a sensible manner. It will grow with all future mods you can throw at the truck.WITH THAT BEING SAID THIS HOLE I WANT IT TO SMOKE ALLOT IS JUST THE KIND OF THINKING THAT GIVES THE DIESEL MOTOR SPORT A BAD NAME TO PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED IN IT ALL THE SEE IS A BIG TRUCK BLOWING BLACK SMOKE EVERY WERE. A REEL DIESEL ENTHUSIAST DOES NOT THINK ITS COOL TO BLOW SMOKE ALL OVER CITY STREETS AND THE PEOPLE THAT YOU SHARE THEM WITH. Hope this helps with your question and opens your eyes a bit.

Bob.

I love how everyone says smarty. I did not see anyone with an 07 5.9 reply to this.
Smarty runs like total S*#T on an 07. everyone i know that has an 07 it sucks on and the one that likes his smarty keeps throwing a P2149 Fuel Injector Group 2 Supply Voltage Circuit.

All i am saying is dont jump on smarty bs wagon real fast just do some reasearch first.

O and the smarty is a smokey pig on a stock truck.

I love how everyone says smarty. I did not see anyone with an 07 5.9 reply to this.
Smarty runs like total S*#T on an 07. everyone i know that has an 07 it sucks on and the one that likes his smarty keeps throwing a P2149 Fuel Injector Group 2 Supply Voltage Circuit.

All i am saying is dont jump on smarty bs wagon real fast just do some reasearch first.

O and the smarty is a smokey pig on a stock truck.

x2...but what do I know.

Not to much i mean u had 572hp stock turbo and went bigget turbo bigger injectors dual pumps and better programing and expected your hp to go up?
Wtf were u thinking?

Back