best clutch for street puller

the iron giant is a good clutch like said before a little stiff and grabby for stop and go. its a pia in snow. i have a 3850 12 cb and it slips really bad pulling a heavy trailer. im either going to have it rebuilt and up grade to a iron giant. or go to a power parts clutch. a fiend of mine has one in my opinion it 10 times the clutch as my sb. also im not sure if they still do but i know mitchells clutch used to have a cast flywheel. you will want to stay away from any clutch with a cast flywheel...

Last edited:
stuckey_272002 said:
the iron giant is a good clutch like said before a little stiff and grabby for stop and go. its a pia in snow. i have a 3850 12 cb and it slips really bad pulling a heavy trailer. im either going to have it rebuilt and up grade to a iron giant. or go to a power parts clutch. a fiend of mine has one in my opinion it 10 times the clutch as my sb. also im not sure if they still do but i know mitchells clutch used to have a cast flywheel. you will want to stay away from any clutch with a cast flywheel...
I am glad you mentioned snow we have about 2 ft on the ground and jan and feb are the worst months we avg aroung 250/300 in a year, thanks jr

jr22 said:
I am looking at a new sbc for a 6spd cummins any suggestions?? thanks, jr

Get a sprung hub 3600 or 3850 12CB and you should be good to go.