Best oil in a 06-5.9

It might be possible, Idk for sure. I have slight blow by so the blowby tube is probably where I'm smelling it from.

Schaffers 7000 and Fleetguard stratapore. I love the smell of it!

anywhere to get schaeffers online? I looked it up and there isn't any within 2 1/2 hours of me. I refuse to run Amsoil...made that mistake many years ago and usually run whatever's decently priced Rotella T6 or Mobil 1 but would like to try Schaeffers since I hear such good things about it

How do you like that Oil Stabilizer? What kind of benefits do you see from it in the real world?

John Deere Plus 50 II. Best oil around in my experience, just a little pricey.

rotella 15-40 in summer, two bottles of ZDDP and fleetgaurd filter...

in the winter when im @ work an she hits -30/-40 celcius i swap to shell T6 5-40 and ZDDP

5000mile changes

How do you like that Oil Stabilizer? What kind of benefits do you see from it in the real world?

I have never sampled my oil but it doesn't seem to get as black. It retains a dark green color. My father owns two 3406 Cats that he runs 15-40 Rotella and Lucas oil stabilizer in. The gets a Cat oil sample at every oil change. The first time he used the a gallon of Lucas to 15 gallons of Rotella, the Lucas cut the soot content in half. After about the 3rd oil change the soot content was virtually absent.

My father and I run Lucas in everything, trucks, cars, motorcycles, transmissions, differentials, you name it if it is lubricated by oil we use it. We have yet to have any problems with it.

awesome. Thanks for the info. So replace a quart of oil with a quart of Lucas? I definitely will be giving it a try.

Old thread...

I ran Valv. Premium Blue every single oil change since I bought the truck (70k miles). Now at just over 200k my last oil change I used Mobile Delvac.....200 miles later I lost two rings and a rod bearing. Take it for what its worth I guess.

15-40 rotella and mopar filters changed at roughly 10k.

Bearings looked fantastic at 130k

I run the Premium blue and ZDDP additive and have a bypass system. I still change it every 3000 for peace of mind.

Amsoil synthetic and amsoil filter, I change my oil ever 15,000miles when the head was pulled off and bottem end checked at 150,000 bottem end looked new and was clean.