Better piston options for a CR? (link to carnage pics)

I read many CR piston threads, yet I have not seen the topic of how the '04.5+ has a 29° tighter spray pattern than the '03-04, nor the difference between re-entrant and non re-entrant.

This is a topic I would like to see hashed out, I'm running 04.5 injectors with these monotherms, and seem to work fine, but I don't think it quite cleans up as good as it used to.

So now I'm spraying as if its non re-entrant, down the bowl and up.....

Might try a set of 03-04 tips, spray to the side and down.....back in...

I fooled with Diesel RK software for quite a while on it, and found both seemed to work not bad, in software any ways.

One interesting thing, I always figured my oil got dirty from soot, very fast (04.5) Like the next day after a oil change it was black as ever. Even after a new overhaul, didn't take long to get black.

With these monotherms, for what ever reason, the oil stays clean, way cleaner.

This is a topic I would like to see hashed out, I'm running 04.5 injectors with these monotherms, and seem to work fine, but I don't think it quite cleans up as good as it used to.

So now I'm spraying as if its non re-entrant, down the bowl and up.....

Might try a set of 03-04 tips, spray to the side and down.....back in...

I fooled with Diesel RK software for quite a while on it, and found both seemed to work not bad, in software any ways.

One interesting thing, I always figured my oil got dirty from soot, very fast (04.5) Like the next day after a oil change it was black as ever. Even after a new overhaul, didn't take long to get black.

With these monotherms, for what ever reason, the oil stays clean, way cleaner.

So you think think the pistons are keeping the oil cleaner?

[/B]

So you think think the pistons are keeping the oil cleaner?

It is strange, but yeah, something with the bowl design, the soot goes out, not past the rings.....heard others complain about how fast the oil gets black in the 04.5's, due to maybe the early pilot injecton or late post injection.

It is strange, but yeah, something with the bowl design, the soot goes out, not past the rings.....heard others complain about how fast the oil gets black in the 04.5's, due to maybe the early pilot injecton or late post injection.

What is the setup your are running? Im fixing to tear down my motor and rebuid it. I would love some more info on your pistons and rods.Also what did they cost