Biggest Single On Stock Fuel

Just 22 years in the automobile world, 10 years in trucks and 100 some-odd years in power generation.

Oh hell, where are my millions of dollars? :rockwoot:
Don't be such a scared little baby. Its a turbo. The only difference is a set of vanes instead of a hole covered by a valve. If such a concept is too complicated for you to figure out, you don't belong in motorsports.

No OEM can match the prices of cheap third party clones, OEM quality standards are too high.

So because he got frustrated and gave up, everyone else should too? Makes perfect sense. :bang

bif
Then why are you here? This is "competition diesel", not "minimum effort diesel".

Audi uses a Garrett TR30R with a VGT turbine.

The only disrespect done is to yourself. If you can't learn from them then there is no hope for you, so you might as well give up and pick a less complicated hobby.

Geez dude. Who gives a crap. Deal is I'm not going to use a vgt. I don't give a rats a$$ who does. I've never lined up next to one (Other than a stock one), and won't any time soon.

Deal is there's no reason to spend the time or money on something that has an equal that is cheaper and simplier. Complicated doesn't equal fast quarter mile times. Normally complicated equals extra money and extra time. Both of which none of us have. I mean when the fastest any freaking diesel doesn't use one, why in the world would you want to?? DON'T ANSWER. Know why? I DON'T CARE!!!!

NOBODY CARES!!!!! In case your retarded as well as complitely bull headed, nobody cares. Let me repeat incase your also a female. NOBODY CARES!

Why don't you start a new thread and get out of mine. Hell, I'll read it. I'm always interested in new ideas. This isn't one. This is one that works for certain applications and guys have spent thousands of hours and dollars trying to make these work. Why don't you go and join up with them. That's if anybody is still trying to make a drag racing diesel with a vgt. Its not that they don't work, they do, its just that a twin setup works so much better than a single vgt.

Now for my application. I'm wanting to start in the 2.6 charger class. There's no way any vgt currently made can compete in this class, its not possible. I don't care what you say. :stab:

Oh hell, where are my millions of dollars? :rockwoot:
Don't be such a scared little baby. Its a turbo. The only difference is a set of vanes instead of a hole covered by a valve. If such a concept is too complicated for you to figure out, you don't belong in motorsports.

Scared little baby? Because he doesnt want to waste time and money screwing around with a VGT set-up?

Lets see your sweet VGT set-up on your 6.7L Cummins that runs 12's or better then hot shot.. Go ahead..ill wait..

Let me know when your gutless MB diesel is at all fast bud. You dont need much money to take a slow ass diesel car and make it just a little bit less slow.

The only disrespect done is to yourself. If you can't learn from them then there is no hope for you, so you might as well give up and pick a less complicated hobby.

Tell me exactly, in detail, what you've learned from Audi's diesel racing program in relation to a 6.7L Cummins drag truck's engine set-up.. Go ahead.. ill wait.

300D...STFU!!! Man you get on everyones thread, spout off your bull****, and trash up the thread. You think you some diesel god, but guess what...your NOT! Fuk off already. I think you dont give a fuk about any of the threads you post in. I think you just want to annoy people.. To prove something to yourself..

I dont know whether to ignore you or goad you into posting a bunch so we can all laugh at you.

...you must be related to Wade...

Balls in your court.

Last edited:
i vote for goating. I need a good laugh everyonce in a while.

So back to topic.

What do you think about the 472...will it even spool on stock fuel? Even if its coming in at 2k or maybe 2200...I could live with that for the few months that I'm gonna run it by itself. Then get my sticks and pump up to snuff.. But what about numbers..In the end with the right fuel, where's the 472 top out at??

Who gives a crap.
You, obviously. You cared enough to reply. If you didn't care you wouldn't waste our time posting garbage.

Deal is there's no reason to spend the time or money on something that has an equal that is cheaper and simplier.
HHAHAHAHAHAHA!
A wastegated turbo is in no way shape or form equal to a VGT.

Complicated doesn't equal fast quarter mile times.
Yes, actually, it does. The complicated people (The people with a working brain) produce faster times while needing less power to do so.
Sure you can go fast with nitrous and dumping gobs of fuel into the engine, but moronic tactics like that only impress yourself and the other monkeys.

Normally complicated equals extra money and extra time. Both of which none of us have.
Then you don't belong in motorsports. Keep to racing Hondas stoplight to stoplight and going to the strip every once in a while.

I mean when the fastest any freaking diesel doesn't use one
Actually, all the fastest ones that actually compete do.

In case your retarded as well as complitely bull headed
If you wish to insult me, please use decent grammar. Its not "MY retarded", YOU'RE retarded.

Why don't you start a new thread and get out of mine.
If you don't want the public posting to your public thread, either go to a private forum, close the thread and take replies only by PM or don't make a thread at all. Pretty simple huh? You like simple.

There's no way any vgt currently made can compete in this class, its not possible.
Lack of thinking power is the reason neanderthals went extinct at the end of the ice age, please don't be one.

Lets see your sweet VGT set-up on your 6.7L Cummins that runs 12's or better then hot shot.. Go ahead..ill wait..
When Cummins makes a 6.7L that will fit in a W123 chassis, I'll put on in it. Until then, an engine is an engine. It doesn't matter if its a 0.9L Kubota or a 256.6L EMD 16-265H, all diesels work the same to a turbo.

Tell me exactly, in detail, what you've learned from Audi's diesel racing program in relation to a 6.7L Cummins drag truck's engine set-up.. Go ahead.. ill wait.
I'll indulge your eagerness to wait so that I may explain it to somebody with the mental capacity to learn.

I NEED TO STFU
Please do. You're cluttering up the thread with nonsense.
Good day troll.

You, obviously. You cared enough to reply. If you didn't care you wouldn't waste our time posting garbage.

HHAHAHAHAHAHA!
A wastegated turbo is in no way shape or form equal to a VGT.

Yes, actually, it does. The complicated people (The people with a working brain) produce faster times while needing less power to do so.
Sure you can go fast with nitrous and dumping gobs of fuel into the engine, but moronic tactics like that only impress yourself and the other monkeys.

Then you don't belong in motorsports. Keep to racing Hondas stoplight to stoplight and going to the strip every once in a while.

Actually, all the fastest ones that actually compete do.

If you wish to insult me, please use decent grammar. Its not "MY retarded", YOU'RE retarded.

If you don't want the public posting to your public thread, either go to a private forum, close the thread and take replies only by PM or don't make a thread at all. Pretty simple huh? You like simple.

Lack of thinking power is the reason neanderthals went extinct at the end of the ice age, please don't be one.

When Cummins makes a 6.7L that will fit in a W123 chassis, I'll put on in it. Until then, an engine is an engine. It doesn't matter if its a 0.9L Kubota or a 256.6L EMD 16-265H, all diesels work the same to a turbo.

I'll indulge your eagerness to wait so that I may explain it to somebody with the mental capacity to learn.

Good day troll.

Perfect. Exactly the dumb ass post I needed to read today. Keep em coming...:pop:

Oh and maybe this time you could through some ass backwards reasoning for using the vgt. I didn't see anything in that last one regarding the question at hand? I'll even give you something to go after. Why don't you compare your VGT to a 472/595 twin set up? Or a single 483?

Any lets limit discussion (If it's ok with you?) to drag racing and sled pulling. And motor discussion to a 6.7l cummins.

This is like a daytime tv. :bs:

Good day troll.
Kettle, meet pot! OP has already stated he has no plans to use a VGT Turbo, so why keep posting nonsense in his thread?

Just put an S480 on there ;)

The reality is, you need a power level you're shooting for to pick out a turbo. That's the only "correct" way to select one.

The reality is, you need a power level you're shooting for to pick out a turbo. That's the only "correct" way to select one.

ok. we'll I'm not really good with hp numbers. more track times. So low 11's high 10's... Start with that.

But really, I was wanting to see what I could put on a stock fuel system. Just for a month or 2. Then upgrade cp3, sticks, etc... I understand its gonna be laggy..But with a 120 cp3, 150 sticks, cam, springs. etc... How is it going to run at that point.

I guess I should chng my question to the biggest single you can dd on.. But when put that out there, everybody comes back with a 66.. I understand that a big single is gonna be laggy, but at what point is it not-functional as a dd. Not just a pita to drive, but actually not able to drive it at all...Does that make sense?

Now for my application. I'm wanting to start in the 2.6 charger class. There's no way any vgt currently made can compete in this class, its not possible. I don't care what you say. :stab:

I guess I should chng my question to the biggest single you can dd on.. But when put that out there, everybody comes back with a 66.. I understand that a big single is gonna be laggy, but at what point is it not-functional as a dd. Not just a pita to drive, but actually not able to drive it at all...Does that make sense?

Maybe I'm missing something here but 2.6 equals 66 mm. So why are you looking to go bigger?
If you're serious about running in that class then you might want to read the rule book before spending your money.

No OEM can match the prices of cheap third party clones, OEM quality standards are too high.

just sayin, but i'm pretty sure that Borg Warner, who makes the extremely popular S300 and S400 lines of turbos, is used in OEM apps

When Cummins makes a 6.7L that will fit in a W123 chassis, I'll put on in it. Until then, an engine is an engine. It doesn't matter if its a 0.9L Kubota or a 256.6L EMD 16-265H, all diesels work the same to a turbo

LOL:hehe: Are you serious...wow..

Exactly what I thought...you dont know chit. When asked straight up to show what you know you play it off..

Acorn 616 (someone who definitely knows how to make a 6.7L drag truck fast) asked you point blank to share your "vast knowledge and intellegence" (LOL:))...you didnt reply..

So i'll ask again, lets see your 6.7L Cummins powered drag truck that runs 12s or faster with your sweet VGT set-up. Enlighten use.

Or ignore the question again.

Please do. You're cluttering up the thread with nonsense.Good day troll.

Your the troll. You throw out a chitty idea, then when someone disagrees you trash them.

You are an asshole in every thread you've posted in on here and everyone always disagrees with you. When everyone on CompD unanimously thinks your a retard you should probably just stop posting.

Although, im starting to like you 300D...every post you make gets funnier and funnier:clap:. Ya hear that...that sound is people laughing at you:lolly:.

Oh, I also like how you quote people, but re-write what you quoted to make it seem like people are saying things they didnt say. Real slick..

Exactly what Jason said. You need a clear definition of your overall power goal, driveability, complexity, durability, etc before you pick a turbo.

I like the S480 idea, with a 6 blade billet wheel!

Check out this truck built by Fleece Performance:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8wc3OjrVY4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8wc3OjrVY4[/ame]

Its a big single, but no where near stock fuel.

Here are other vids of the 2010, but with different set-ups. Look at the vid descriptions, Brayden put the info in there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smy7CgR9zbo&feature=relmfu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smy7CgR9zbo&feature=relmfu[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75xkRdSnavw&feature=relmfu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75xkRdSnavw&feature=relmfu[/ame]

I also like the s480 idea Dave you are an auto correct. on 300D you have been banned from here under the name C111 and from bombers under forced induction. Looks like you working on your way out again.

Dave I saw your post where you asked what the upper limit of the S472 is, I too would like an answer to this as I am planning on doing a 72mm turbo on my stock fueled 6.7l to start off with as well. I think my power goals are smaller than yours though (i'm hoping for right around 700) but I think that this turbo is definitely dd'able.

Dave I saw your post where you asked what the upper limit of the S472 is, I too would like an answer to this as I am planning on doing a 72mm turbo on my stock fueled 6.7l to start off with as well. I think my power goals are smaller than yours though (i'm hoping for right around 700) but I think that this turbo is definitely dd'able.

Yes, I've been told 700 is definately possible with the 472. I think I'm gonna jump a little and do a 480 though, or maybe a 483?

s480- batmowheel, 2.6 race cover

Now only question is whether or not a 1.00 ar will be too restrictive?

you can always change the housing down the road if needed

yeah, i know. But don't want to spend any extra if I don't have too. If the 1.00 is going to choke it down too much (And thus cause excessive dp). then I'll start with a 1.10. Just want to go as small as I can to start with. If that makes any sense..

start small work your way up for a lightly-moderately modified truck I'd say the 1.0 AR will work then upgrade much later down the road Always money to be spent later LMAO trust me I'm still doing it LMAO
I remember this If I can just make 500
ah the heck with lets go all out

dodgeram082500, you crack me up man, and your avitar is awesome.

Dave, I really look forward to seeing what you end up doing, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with a 472 but I really want a batmowheel now that I have seen a few and the CFM they flow. This is all really interesting though, it kills me how much different the 6.7l is from the 5.9l. All of my friends with 5.9s think I'm insane to even consider a 72 on stock fuel.

dodgeram082500, you crack me up man, and your avitar is awesome.

Dave, I really look forward to seeing what you end up doing, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with a 472 but I really want a batmowheel now that I have seen a few and the CFM they flow. This is all really interesting though, it kills me how much different the 6.7l is from the 5.9l. All of my friends with 5.9s think I'm insane to even consider a 72 on stock fuel.

Thanks man I figured its kinda fitting since my truck went in the shop for a head gasket last september and still is there ,but we are almost finished with it and its going to be a monster. Anyhow sorry for the thread jack Dave