bio diesel

50stangpower

ive got the chance to start getting b100 from a guy for 2.09 a gallon and wondering what percentage of it i can run in my truck safely.. thanks!

*edit* in reading some previous posts ive noticed that noone has ran over b20 on here so im guessing this is not a good idea... even 50/50

Ford says B5 is safe...Some run much more. I have not heard of anyone having problems with B20.
Just make sue it is a quality fuel

its out of warranty so that doesnt matter .. i was just wondering if it is safe to run b50

If it burns, run it. Keep the fuel filters changed as it tends to act like a solvent in the fuel system. Get an oil sample and see what happens to it. The blow by in the 6.0L is higher than the 7.3L so alot more crap gets into the oil. Add an additive like like diesel kleen and see how it goes. Wost case scenario is the savings in the fuel is offset by purchasing a set of injectors.

Deppends on what the dealer wants for them. Sometimes they want 300 each for them.

i ran b40 the other week....the truck ran awesome!!!! just couldnt stand my truck smelling like a deep fryer!

The 6.0L kills injectors stock.....only thing i can think of, that will help avoid/prolong injector life,...is a fuel crossover or regulated fuel system

Someone trashes injectors and everyone is afraid.. But no one knows what to be afraid of! :)

I had run nothing but commercial B20 since my truck had 3 thousand miles on it.. I also make home made Bio. I take care to have nice converted and filtered Bio. Now I run a mix of my Bio and the commercial B20. I have figured that I was as strong as 80% Bio. I have also mixed in 30% Kerosene in my Bio to help with gelling in temperatures lower than 50..

I NOW HAVE 76 THOUSAND MILES ON MY TRUCK 2006 F250

Im only one guy thats speaking up here but there are many others doing the same. As well, there are truck that have trashed injectors stock and on #2.. I dont believe any type of quality fuel will make any differance to the injectors!

Last edited:
Everyone knows what to be afraid of. Low fuel pressure from restricted fuel filters or low output from fuel pumps and potentialy blocked fuel pick ups. A rather large percentage of people live in areas that are frequently below 50 degrees. So running a fuel that has trouble in that range just seems foolish unless you have people that can stay on top of things. Hell most people don't even know there is a filter on the frame rail. And when they hear its near 100 dollars to change it, they say screw that "I ain't never changed a fuel filter on my 7.3L so why change it on the 6.0L". Another thing is on some of the fuel tanks made of steel, the bio will actually eat the lamination off of the inside of the tank and then it gets sucked into the fuel system.

PSDPlayer said:
A rather large percentage of people live in areas that are frequently below 50 degrees. So running a fuel that has trouble in that range just seems foolish unless you have people that can stay on top of things.

I was talking about 100% bio gelling.. I have never heard of B20 gelling :ugh: I guess some could ***** about a programer and it hurting the truck.. But some do it anyway and its fun! I will enjoy my 70 cents a gallon fuel! and keeping my money out of the hands of people who want to kill me!

If so much bad is possible then why am I special?

Last edited:
PSDPlayer said:
70 cents a gallon with B20 or B100?

B100.. But I dont run it stright.. often more than 50/50... 10 years from now all you will be able to get is Bio blends and not even ever talked about..

And right now, its better for your injectors and motor over the new ultra low sulfur for increased luburication.

Last edited: