Bored in WV: Pics

coon smile

For those familiar with WV, the first pictures were taken in Scherr (near the large wind mills on Mt. Storm) on one of our bridge projects for the new Corridor H, and the second-to-last picture is taken under the old bridge that connects Keyser, WV and McCoole, MD. That is the job I am working on, and that bridge is in desperate need of a replacement.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0250-1.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Last edited:
Shot with the AA battery Walmart Special that was supplied by my employer.

Did you ever do work in Williamsburg VA?

Fricken sweet looking truck.

Thanks to 2001shrtbedcmns for the pointers on how to setup the point and shoot.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Although I think you should add it to the "Parts by:" section in your sig.

yep your little red rocket looks good. How you liking WV so far?

How you like it down that way? I will be down in Romney all next week hunting. We aways ride over to Moorefield or Keyser to hit the walmart for hunting licenses, and have dinner at the Ponderosa usually.

How you like it down that way? I will be down in Romney all next week hunting. We aways ride over to Moorefield or Keyser to hit the walmart for hunting licenses, and have dinner at the Ponderosa usually.

There's a killer restaraunt in keyser called mountaineer cafe...Try it sometime you wont be disappointed!

It's not bad. There's not much to do or eat, but I stay busy at work. If I wasn't too cheap to buy an out-of-state hunting license, I would be hunting in my back yard. I am living ~4 miles north of Keyser, in Rawlings, MD right off of 220. I see three does in my back yard every morning, and about 1.75 acres of the 2 are wooded. There are several hundered acres of forest surounding the property. Not to mention Dans Mountain right across the street, but I am not a big fan of hunting on public land. I get all of my hunting in when I go home to Indiana to visit my family, where I hunt for free. I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend, since I will be able to get in the woods with a gun for a few days.

Hope ya have good luck on your hunt in Romney.

There's a killer restaraunt in keyser called mountaineer cafe...Try it sometime you wont be disappointed!

I drive past it all the time, but I have never stopped in to eat. I heard it was pretty good.

If you like mexican food. There is a restaurant called El Jinete right outside of Keyser that has excellent authentic mexican food.

Nice truck Kyle. Was the red a coincidence? Is the windshield tinted?

Last edited: