boxed in my frame

iv been around dragsters and they use the chassis alot as their suspension most have solid mounted rear ends with or without a slip-joint tube chassis some are 4 linked but they are not designed to pull anything or have a massive load pulling down on the rear i know this is not ideal for dragracing due to mainly weight but does anyone know how much a tube chassis in a pulling truck flexes im sure it does some but if it was built as light and unbraced as a dragster it would fold in half. i cant believe you can compare pulin to dragracing as far as chassis setup but i may be wronge. it wouldnt be the first time

yea that was my truck at kill-kare stock turbo and some junk parts with alittle nitrous 191 60 ft 12.70 at 110

I didnt necesarily mean to compare drag racing to sled pulling all I was saying that when a tube chassis is compared to a rigid pickup truck frame the tube chassis flex's alot and is meant to while a rigid truck frame doesnt flex much and isnt designed to flex alot. Hell I dont know yall got me all confused:hehe::bang. All I know is our funny car flex's like crazy.

ol green

just wanted to see if there was a a update on your truck? hows the frame and the build?

a little nitrous..or a couple hundered hp worth...lol I saw some big selinoids and talked to you and there was no jet...lol

lol 2 stages a 120 jet in each and a bottle supplying each stage spraying directly into the turbo inlet got abt 40 bottles of spray through that motor before i took it apart pistons, cyls, and valves all looked like new with no damage just cracked 5 exhaust ears and overspun some of the exhaust wheel off alittle truck hit 1400ft lbs on dyno with tires spinning lol not bad for never taking the valve covers off

trucks comming along frame was powder coated and just got all the drivetrain back together waiting for the body parts to be finished from my body guy lookin forward for the spring time guess ill see how the frame holds up

update

how about a update olegreen? from what i've heard your going to have to change your screen name to oleblue. i saw a pic and to say the least i'm jealous. it looks very nice! you have more pics to post up?

got alot more hours on it then i thought but its comming along still have along way to go hopefully be ready for the engine by the end of the month
the frame is powdercoated but the rest is just primer and paint hard to believe it was a 95,green rust bucket
DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0989.jpg

DSCN1036.jpg

DSCN1043-1.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

pics

looks great BUT..... paint that seat bracket and put some new carpet in there!!

that new dodge blue color is the tits!!!

thanks,
i plan to it was dark when i put them in and didnt relize how bad the paint was takes forever when your trying not to scratch anything as long as it runs as good as its suppose too ill be happy

I will just say this: I agree that flex is good to a certain point.
Second comment: how much weight did you add to your truck with all those plates? I think it would be better served hanging off the front of the truck...

boys timmy knows what hes doing a great buddyof mine has done alot to my truck which is now runnin 12.8's in the quarter with no nitrous and all fuel hes the guy i turn to when im having problems awsome truck timmy i love it ill hit you up on my lunch break tnite lol

?????????

boys timmy knows what hes doing a great buddyof mine has done alot to my truck which is now runnin 12.8's in the quarter with no nitrous and all fuel hes the guy i turn to when im having problems awsome truck timmy i love it ill hit you up on my lunch break tnite lol

i didn't know he had more friends???:poke::poke: i thought i was the only one that could stand him.LOL

just kidding with ya tim.

and yes he has been a good guy to bounce questions off and beg for parts out of the dodge junkyard @ his house.

oleblue

any new progress? did you get that zz fab individual runner intake i left under the christmas tree this morning?

from what ive seen the tube chassis are intended to flex. but look at the old pro mod trucks they were rigid with all the 2x2 tubing welded to the frames.

g/f

my gf messed with my photobucket account and i dont know how to repost them in the old threads a few are in a new post i put up in this section under pull,drag,toy truck build

she must of saw all the other g/f pictures. are you working 2day?

Bringing an old one back to life...

So, is the general consensus here on the 2nd gens is to just leave the C channel unboxed or box it in a sledpulling/daily driving application. I doubt I am at that level of bending a frame, but I have seen it done, creates that nice V-effect between the bed and cab, and that is something I want to stay away from.

So what's the thoughts?

Back