Brake and abs light on

Howling

Soot Sniffer
I got my 2006 with 26k on it out of storage last week. It had the brake and abs light on the dash as well as no speedometer. I replaced the wheel speed sensor on the rear diff but I'm still getting the dash lights. I have not drove it yet do not sure about the speedometer.

I've looked at other sensors and the fuses but don't see any issues.

I would think any of the wheel speed sensors could cause this. Check for rust on the face of the sensors.

I'm going to pull the front wheels today and look at the abs sensors. But the speedometer had me questioning the rear sensor.

fuse under hood #30 its marked spare , some trucks were #34 , put a good 20 amp fuse in them 2 and try it ! , i popped a fuse pulled #30 because its a spare marked one and took off no speed-o and abs brake light were lighting up on dash.

If you only replaced the sensor and didn't drive it, the light will stay on till its driven over 15 or so mph and it runs its self check.

Put a fuse in the "spare" #30 went for a drive and no speedo still. Pulled front rotors off to check for rust around abs sensor all good. Sprayed electric cleaner on connections.

Isn't the only sensor to read the speed is on the rear diff?

Doesn't it use the tranny speed sensor also? Clean all your grounds and check the ECM grounds too. The 06 had an issue with the solder inside the cluster breaking but yours is like new More than likely a ground issue or lack of use corrosion somewhere!

I'd think the speedo would be sensor in the transfer case or trans? If it was okay before storage and started as soon as you pulled it out, I'd start looking for rodent damage to the wiring.

Just pulled all grounds and cleaned them up, going to check continuity of the wiring now.

Get a good scan tool. It will probably show no communication with abs control module. Either one of the fuses mentioned earlier or the abs control module itself. This will cause your brake and abs light as well as no speedo. Speed comes from rear sensor to the abs module, then to the tipm, then to the cluster.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If your speed came from trans speed sensor it would never know when you were in low range.

I've checked resistance and continuity on the wires and the rear wheel speed sensor, everything checked out good.

Next move is to put it on a good snap on scanner.

A little update, there is no communication between the OBD port and abs module. Tested the fuses and all are good and have 12 volts for what's needed. Checked continuity of the wire grey with pink from the TIPM to the ABS module and that was fine. Checked the underside of the TIPM wear the grey with pink wire pins into the TIPM fuse #30 and I have no power, jumped it out and lights went away.

So it looks like I need a new TIPM or I jump it out but I don't plan on doing that.

I don't have odometer or speedometer, and the brake light still works.

So it looks like I need a new TIPM or I jump it out but I don't plan on doing that.

you will when you see how much that sucker costs!

Kinda curios about this too I have had the same exact problem since I swapped out my dually rear for a single wheel rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a dorman reman. It came and it was bad. All thr fuses were old as well. I have gotten a few remans straight through dodge and have had luck. Not bad on price either