Budget Beater!

Congrats!

Post up some split times or even a picture of the timeslips, I'm curious to see where the nitrous made the biggest improvement in ET.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSkK-I4Vz_E"]10.93 @ 122 mph[/ame]

Here is my run against Dmitri in his duramax!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyBQz801Ac"]Budget Beater vs Dmitri[/ame]

Last edited:
Time Slip

60' ... N/A
330 ... 4.348
1/8 ... 6.902
mph ... 96.39
1000 ... 9.092
1/4 ... 10.936
mph ... 122.26

Second video lets you see how you really start gaining momentum toward the big end. Looking good man!

Time Slip

60' ... N/A
330 ... 4.348
1/8 ... 6.902
mph ... 96.39
1000 ... 9.092
1/4 ... 10.936
mph ... 122.26

I hate to be a hater, and this has nothing to do with my quest for 11's.....

Looks like you smoked the lights on your 10 second pass. Honest mistake, you can't control the wind and which way it blows your spool-up smoke but it looks like it smoked the lights and never gave you a 60' time.

It was probably a solid mid 11 second pass.

Play around with this calculator and you'll be able to get a close estimate on what it should have run.

Using the 330' and 1/8th times, it predicts a 1.51 60' time. I don't know what your truck normally runs for 60' times, but it doesn't look to be quicker than 1.8 in those videos. With a 1.8 60' time, your truck would have ran 11.45 to 11.50 range with your trap speeds.

http://www.thelothridgefamily.com/DragGuess.html

One other thing to look at is the overall trap speed, 122 is not fast enough to run 10.9x in a 2wd, it actually doesn't calculate to enough average horsepower to do it in a 4x4 with a killer 1.60 60' time either.

Congrats on the quick runs and your truck clearly runs 11's fuel only, I just think it needs a little more fuel to break into the 10's.

Last edited:
If you watch the vid right before you launch a big ole puff of smoke does go right to the lights. Stupid wind, still 122 mph is bookin it!

From what i was told and understand the smoke rolling through my 60' wont make a difference on my ET because my time starts as soon as i roll through the stage lights. Am i missing something or does it work a different way?

The staging lights on the tree are triggered by lasers down 2" above the track surface. When your wheel/tire blocks the laser, it turns on the staging light on the tree. When you roll forward another 6-12" you block the second laser which triggers the second staging light on the tree.

When the race starts, as soon as your wheel/tire rolls out of the path of the 2 lasers, it triggers the time clock to start the run.

If there is a large cloud of smoke down in the path of the laser, your truck starts running down the track and the timer does not start until the smoke drifts out of the path of the laser enough to get a signal.

If the starting line lasers are still blocked with smoke when pass the 60' timer/laser, you won't get a 60' time on the slip.

On your fuel-only runs, what were your 60' times? Nitrous won't help much on the 60' time because your truck is traction limited not HP limited in the first 60' of the race.

Good runs! Big Blue we ran a 10.52@122 with a 1.58 60 foot (nothing special there) 4x4 @ 6000 pounds

What is your 1/8th mile trap speed? I'll bet it's somewhere in the 104 to 110 MPH range, not 96 MPH.

I'll bet if you ran a 33" tall tire and 3.54 gear ratio, your truck would run more like 130 MPH at 10.52 ET. No offense but VP44's are not known to fuel hard above 3500 rpm and I'll bet that's why your truck only runs 122 MPH at that super quick ET.

The middle slip is a 10.24 run with nitrous and you can see where MPH should be with a 4x4. On this run, the truck should actually have more trap speed than it does, if you run the calculations on acceleration rate, it's nosing over after the 1000' mark, partially due to wind resistance, partially due to 4x4 drag, and probably mostly due to higher engine RPM not making full power at that speed.

819Timeslips004.jpg

On the video you can even see the truck nosing over a little at the end of the track.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Ja5dvE98c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Ja5dvE98c[/ame]

Last edited:
I thought you were saying i smoked the 60ft only. I agree that smoking the stage lights would affect my time. I will have to watch the video closer and hit the track again to get a real 60ft time so there is no more.confusion!

On your nitrous pass, what was your reaction time? What was the reaction time of the other truck you were racing against? And what was the 60' time of the other truck?

With that information, using the video, I think we can determine for sure if the timer started late in your lane, and if it did, how much your time should be corrected.

If you posted split times from your fuel only pass, it would also help to see how your truck typically accelerates during the run.

Don't let me take anything away from you, your truck runs AWESOME! 122 MPH is like having 850-900 HP in a full weight truck so I'll bet it feels incredible the during the run!

Last edited:
Nitrous pass r/t was 1.096. ( yeah i need work in that area haha) his r/t was .249, 60ft was 2.486 haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Nitrous pass r/t was 1.096. ( yeah i need work in that area haha) his r/t was .249, 60ft was 2.486 haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Follow me on this.....

If your reaction time was 1.096, and the other guy's was 0.249, that means you sat at the starting line for 0.847 seconds longer than the other driver. If you watch the video, it looks like both of you started moving at exactly the same time. The only other factor in reaction time is how deep each of you staged, this can affect your reaction time by +/- 0.1 seconds. That means your true reaction time was anywhere from 0.149 seconds to 0.349 seconds. Using your 10.93 time slip, it needs to be corrected by 0.747 to 0.947 seconds to reflect your actual reaction time.

This means your actual ET on the nitrous pass was in the range of 11.67 to 11.87.

Using the video and a stopwatch...(I know it's not that accurate)... it looks like you cross the 60' timer 0.54 seconds before the other guy. Using his known 2.486 60' time your truck ran 1.946 +/- the 0.1 second difference in staging depth. That puts your truck's true 60' time in the range of 1.846 to 2.046. Please check your other passes and compare your 60' times, I'll bet they all range from 1.85 to 2.1 seconds.

If you type in the calculated 1.846 60' time and 11.67 calculated ET into the Drag Guess calculator, this is what it spits out:

60' - 1.846
330' - 4.99
1/8 - 7.60 @ 96.3 MPH
1000' - 9.82
1/4 - 11.67 @ 122.5 MPH

In my opinion, the above numbers are a very close estimate to what your truck ran on it's nitrous assisted pass.

And don't let this take anything away from your accomplishments, your truck has made several 11 second passes now. That's quick, and I can only dream of the day when my vehicle breaks into the 11's.

Congrats on the quick passes and thanks for being open with the time slip and video information, it was essential to my analysis!

Last edited:
Put the Budget Beater on a superflow dyno this weekend and put down some awesome numbers with it finally. Put down 709hp on my fuel only run and 840hp on spray!