building a P-pump need help

CmRhoades1

I would like to know the cheapest way to get a 913 pump to flow around 500cc of fuel or in the range of supporting 600 hp as far as fuel is concerned. Looking to do most of the work myself need to know the best and cheapest place to get all of the parts and what I would need.

with no plate, AFC mods, Full cut DV's and slighly larger EDM'd holders youll be there. lines 2

where do i get these? what size dv's what edm holders and how big of lines. what mods to the afc i would like to keep my valet swich so it is still steetable.

your starwheel controls how your valet works. Yur just going to have to play with it. I like my valet to cut boost in half no matter what. Dont care about the low end fueling. grind about 1/16 inch off about the AFC foot. All full cuts are the same shoulder wise but different flutes. I like piers full cuts. .93 on the rest.

well i might just take the entire afc off the pump and run a cover on it. 0.93 lines. will that be big enough where it will lope at idle? I can really care less about the aneroid im worried about getting the rest done lol.

Oh boy here we go again!

BOTW it doesn't take 500 cc's to make 600 hp!

Jim

i understand that man but im not to sure i want to even drive it anymore just pull it. i figure if i still keep it streetable i wont be competitive with my friends here so why not just spend the money once instead of twice.

thnx jim cjncummins has a dragon fly and it needs to beat his thats all the matters and any vp truck i might run accross. lol

I would like to know the cheapest way to get a 913 pump to flow around 500cc of fuel or in the range of supporting 600 hp as far as fuel is concerned. Looking to do most of the work myself need to know the best and cheapest place to get all of the parts and what I would need.

i understand that man but im not to sure i want to even drive it anymore just pull it. i figure if i still keep it streetable i wont be competitive with my friends here so why not just spend the money once instead of twice.
So do you want the cheapest way or the right way?

we have done everything you are talking about doing to my brothers truck along with .120 lines, .120 holders, full cuts and 5x18 dual feeds, 22* timing, CDS 5k springs and idles perfect no lope smooth as silk. I really figured it would lope with all the restriction removed but it dont. As far as afc tuning goes, me and a couple of the other posters have already gone around on that subject and i dont want the argue on this but we removed our afc to get the most fuel possible and it is smokey if you stomp it all the time, but you can allow your foot to be the afc as be easy on the pedal until the turbo starts lighting. But most people wont drive like that so if that is you, you might want to do the tuning way. just my opinion though. Tim

oh awhile back I had the same game plan. Rip it off! Jim even said not to in a post simialer to this. Well i did. And.............it was bad it was smokey as all get out, took forever to light the charger(72mm), and trying to romp on it below 1900 rpms it would bring the truck to a shutter and kill it! Just listen to the guys here they know what there doing. :)

Maybe

Hmm....... maybe you should start to build the drivetrain first insted of breaking it all the time at your current HP level!*bdh* And getting beat all the time by a little vp truck!:hehe::hehe:

If the truck has a manual trans. and is gonna be dedicated a puller, youll be fine just gutting the AFC.

shut up adam. yup it has a 4500 in it and a sb 3600 right now the tranny is in the shop cuz i let a friend take it to get parts for his powerstroke and it came back with a busted countershaft. thnx for the posts tho keep them coming andy help is great

shut up cole you know just as well as i do what did your countershaft and 3rd gear look like in your truck???