building a P-pump need help

Yes, we do run stock drivetrain. At decatur il, we broke both axles and spiders on the rear. Re placed them with 37 spline units from JT's differential. At morris il, we broke the strap that holds the rear driveshaft to the yoke. After that, off come the mastercraft courser M/T'S 305,70,16 and back on went the stock rims and at tires. Having a hell of alot more fun now. Since changing tires, it looks goofy but hooks up really well. Knock on wood, no other issues with the ld transfercase. Tim

yup i guess if your gonna fix it either way might as well break it first then put the money in it. makes for a better show

Hopefully we will do ok at schieds. According to the rules, it looks like we will technically qualify for workstock even though i would consider our truck at street diesel but we dont run hanging weights, no trac bars or driveshaft loops. I dont reall care which class they put us in aslong as we can make a decent run and hopefully make it into the finals. The track is allways a sticky track so im sure we will leave the a/t's on. Tim

Really, because the truck has never had bounce in it. I dont know why it just pulls great. I have them on my dually, but his truck we have not needed them yet. We will put some on eventually. I have a buddy that pulls his without any and everytime he has blocked his springs or suspension in anyway, he breaks stuff. Pull it bone stock, no problems. There is 4 or 5 videos of our truck on youtube pulling that you can watch and see that it just squats and goes. Tim

Sloan area, I had a truck pull @ Arlington the last 2 years for fun, but not this year.

whats ur truck look like? i was in arlington last year. we went up there this year but we got shoved into our own class and pulled agaist ourselves

It pulled Exhibition, it was the only truck to go out the gate @ 20mph.

yea it run good up there that the only pull out of the three that we have got it to stay on the charger a htt stainless 71/16 is hard to keep lit:hehe:

ohh im sorry where you talking about your truck last year? or my buddy coles red one this year?? the hardest running truck i remember from last year i think was a 98 twelve valve ext. short that was silver

i understand that man but im not to sure i want to even drive it anymore just pull it. i figure if i still keep it streetable i wont be competitive with my friends here so why not just spend the money once instead of twice.

Thats smart. BUT.... A little 500cc 12mm pump will still leave you with a gray area wondering why you didnt just get a 13mm pump and back the fuel up. My truck ran MUCH better with just the pump switch. Industrial Injection 535cc 12mm pump to a Scheid 13mm pump. And this is no knock to the II pump. Once I FINALLY got that one back after 2 trips back to II to get it right. The pump was awesome. So with your comment above. Might as well spend the money and get you a 13mm. Cant go wrong with Scheid stuff $.02

Yes, we do run stock drivetrain. At decatur il, we broke both axles and spiders on the rear. Re placed them with 37 spline units from JT's differential. At morris il, we broke the strap that holds the rear driveshaft to the yoke. After that, off come the mastercraft courser M/T'S 305,70,16 and back on went the stock rims and at tires. Having a hell of alot more fun now. Since changing tires, it looks goofy but hooks up really well. Knock on wood, no other issues with the ld transfercase. Tim

You don't see the connection between the broken ujoint strap and no ladder bars?? The ladder bars aren't so much to control the bounce but to keep the pinion on the carrier from rotating up, which will put the ujoint off center, which drastically reduces its holding strength.

Your pressing your luck with a DLD case too.

You don't see the connection between the broken ujoint strap and no ladder bars?? The ladder bars aren't so much to control the bounce but to keep the pinion on the carrier from rotating up, which will put the ujoint off center, which drastically reduces its holding strength.

Your pressing your luck with a DLD case too.

Well first off, the reason i dont think that the trac bars would have keep the axles from twisting off is because of the way my brother tried to leave the line but you guys dont know that so i see your point of view on that one. The ujoint strap didn't actually break, it popped the head off of one of the 8mm bolts that allowed the driveshaft to come out of the yoke. That video is on here too except that it is from the front view but you can sill see that it did not bounce or do anything goofy. I have been told by a few people since then that they allways replace those bolts when doing any kind of driveshaft work because it sucks that 5 dollar bolts cost you a good finish. Anyway, after that we went back to a/t tires and have had no problems so i say it has to do with the tires and having the horsepower to keep them turning. Can trac bars help this fine line, YES!!

Now to the dld transfer case, i also agree that the dhd is better and we have one that will go in this winter. But, that dld has taken a beating for three years of pulling and hotroding so who determines the limits of these, someone with a bad one, or somebody trying to pull to high a gear? If it aint broke dont fix it. We have 4 pulls left this year. Schieds, Rod Tarrs pull in Edinburg IL, Pana IL and our hometown pull on Labor day. After that we have all winter to put trac bars on and swith to the dhd transfer case. One more thing, this truck has 300,000 miles on it so if the whole thing fell apart tomarrow, I would say it held up real well especially after the last 3 years and what we do with it. Tim