building a puller

cost wise 12V is cheaper (hands down)

Build a 12V for that reason, port the head to compensate for the lack of airflow compared to a 24V head.

I did ok this weekend (Stanberry, MO), got 3rd in a 2.6 class and 4th in the 2.8 (just beat Prewitt's old truck which ran hard). Waiting for some vids to get posted up.

ok here is what i would do if i had them money. 6.7 block p pumped. more of a stroke and you can fuel it as hard as you want. and i would run the same turbos as big bad dodge.

Pretty close, but you need to change pistons in the 12v.

I forgot if you run a 12v block, you have to run a 24v cam and pushrods with the 24v head. I'm surprised someone didn't correct me.

I agree with these guys - you need to figure out your budget.

Pretty close, but you need to change pistons in the 12v.

I forgot if you run a 12v block, you have to run a 24v cam and pushrods with the 24v head. I'm surprised someone didn't correct me.

I agree with these guys - you need to figure out your budget.

I'd do a p-pumped 24v or CR. CR block is the strongest, go with VP rods and pistons, balance/blueprint, shot-peen rods, maybe deeper depending the r's you wanna turn. Spend most of your money on a good pump and turbo.

Go 12valve. Cheaper. and if you got the money don't be afraid to spend on bottom end---thats the heart of the engine, and may be the difference in the guy next to you.

Good set of pistons, balanced rotating assembly, weighted crank (???) good cam, flycut pistons, cut the intake off, etc etc etc.

Advice: Figure 12valve, then ask on here about one part... one thread about pistons, one about cam (be careful there), one about head, one about....whatever you want to know.

Advicex2: Woodruff Diesel. Call him. (Josh is his name pretty sure)