Built drag truck having issues

Same rules still apply. that bridge is the holding point for the pivot forces. and the bolt is what allows it to be stationary. for any reason that bolt looses its torque value, it can allow that bridge to cantilever back'n'forth. overtorqued or undertorqued...

But again its a long shot.

You will want to pull the head regardless and look to see what has been kissing.

New cam?

Super rare possibility. bad grind on cam, IE phasing bad from blank.

Yes it's a brand new colt stage 5. We talked to the colt guy and what he recommends for clearances, we have more than enough

You can guess till your blue in the face, pull head and front cover. Not trying to be rude but it's time to get your hands dirty.

Same rules still apply. that bridge is the holding point for the pivot forces. and the bolt is what allows it to be stationary. for any reason that bolt looses its torque value, it can allow that bridge to cantilever back'n'forth. overtorqued or undertorqued...

On a 24v there is a rocker that bolts down, and a bridge that allows one rocker arm to actuate two valves simultaneously. If I'm reading right, the bridges are falling out, not the rockers. The bridges have no bolts.

Last edited:
The last option should be pulling the head. Theres easier ways to find the problem. Check PTV on the cylinders your having problems with. If clearance is good, then its obviously a valvetrain issue. I'm guna say what your guna find will be a very simple fix.

Howling I didn't take your comment rude. I agree I can "diagnose" all
I want but until I actually tear into it I won't know. I was just looking for a general idea of what "could" be the issue����

original

Im running a colt stage 5 cam in my engine and had my pistons cut .100" with a stock thickness head gasket and had had no issues. Been running the cam for almost 3 years

how far did you drive before the problem happened? were you driving normal, or were you hammering on it? maybe the stock valve spings were insatlled on cyl 5 and 6 by accident? or like mentioned before, bad grind on the cam and the valves are closing too fast on 5 and 6 for even heavier spings to keep up with.

So let me try to clear up what im reading. the rockers area still bolted down and tight? The bridge between valves are falling out? How do the screws for the valve adjustment look when compared to the other cylinders? Are they screwed down noticably farther then the others?

:hehe: I gotta find these bolts

:hehe: I gotta find these bolts

In my industry of work, the rod that holds the two rockers on the pedestal is also called the bridge. And they are known to break. From Op's original statement of a bang, I don't see how the little piece that goes between the valve stem tips would make a cacophony of noise as it slides out of place.