Buying compounds off eBay

Other than the poster not really knowing what he's talking about (the drive pressure on my single turbo is WELL below twice the boost pressure), uses the wrong vocabulary (the primary turbo is NOT the small turbo), and I don't like the idea of the oil returns y'ing into a single return, it looks like nothing more than your standard 62/3b combo. Pretty clean looking set up though.

Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed (EXCEPT ON AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, THEN THE OIL DRAIN ON THE SIDE OF THE BLOCK NEEDS TO BE RELOCATED ONTO THE FRAME).

huh?:what:

What got me was the fact he didn't give exact specs of the chargers. I also noticed on eBay you can get an s475 cheaper than an s362.

I was curious to see what they where asking.. Thought maybe for the right price..

Ah. Hell. No.

Pass.

If you look at ALL the pictures on their ad, they are listed for 94-02 Dodges, but show the set mounted on a CR. If you notice, the airfilter is in the right spot for a CR. If mounted on a 12V or 24V you would have to move the battery.

Ebay Ad said:
This kit is specifically for 1994-2002 5.9 liter common rail, Dodge Ram with a Cummins Turbo Diesel

No wonder my truck won't work. I've been buying parts for a VP instead of a CR.

I didn't know they were chinese turbos. I did know they had all the wrong specs for what truck they're for and they didn't compare them to another compound set-up just singles. And they said it was like a phat shaft but never gave exact specs for each charger.

EBay Ad said:
This kit is specifically for 1994-2002 5.9 liter common rail, Dodge Ram with a Cummins Turbo Diesel

This was the first typo I caught...always read the bottom line! LOL

Back