Buying compounds off eBay

but why would you want something that starts coming alive at 1700-1800 when you could have comething that would be makin' some gravy at that RPM and still do everything you need it to on the big end? :confused:

but why would you want something that starts coming alive at 1700-1800 when you could have comething that would be makin' some gravy at that RPM and still do everything you need it to on the big end? :confused:

Very very true....an s362/s480 would probably do that.

Very very true....an s362/s480 would probably do that.

At sea level?

Th bd towing twins had 55 psi boost at 1800 rpm that's fast spooling if you ask me... Most other twins fully spool after 2000
I'm talking over 6000 feet elev

I'm 800 feet above sea level, just did some more researching and a member on here is runnin a 364/480 and his lights up quick. I did figure I will start with an s364 and save up for internals before I put the 480 on.

with a stock stall converter and an 364/480 combo id expect to see the turbos light around 2200-2400

Just because you have trouble using a 64/480 doesn't mean everyone does. There is more to life than just running the 1/8th mile.LOL

Just because you have trouble using a 64/480 doesn't mean everyone does. There is more to life than just running the 1/8th mile.LOL

i got no idea who you are talking to, I dont have a 364/480.

Have no idea yet, I'm just going to start with an s364 and when I go with the s480 I'll redo everything I need to, I plan on putting the engine in an older chevy in the next year or so and would probably do that while the engine is out of a truck.

I just realized I'm not going to be using a stall converter when I do the swap because I'm putting in an NV4500 so IDK what I was thinking.

I just realized I'm not going to be using a stall converter when I do the swap because I'm putting in an NV4500 so IDK what I was thinking.

manual trans will take so much longer to light the turbos its not even funny.... better get a big old bottle of *nx* ready.

Back