Cam Regrinds

madmikeismad

So mad
How good can they be? How reliable?

Also, are pushrods or bigger injector lines needed at all around 600hp?
I'm thinking maybe on pushrods, and probably not for injector lines.

if your asking are they an absolute must, no. pushrods come in when your turning high rpms and i think some cams might require hd push rods. and injector lines are a waste of money at 600horse. save it and buy something your gonna need.

X2 on inj. lines. From what I've seen on here Hamilton Cams has the cam and valvetrain covered, I'd install stronger pushrods with the cam due to a more agressive lobe profile. Oh and his cams are casted instead of re-grinds.

I use a Cam grinder thats done it for 50 plus years hes not to far from me and hes cheap.We ran 3 engine Mod tractor with hyd.lifters But used top fuel hemi battleship springs,These springs were for roller cams and would eat the cam after 40 or so hooks. At 50.00 @ we send 3 more OEMS and toss the old ones.I have used reground cams and have never had a problem unlike stock GM cams going flat. I have a OEM to send out this week to get ground in to a big stick.Will see how it turns out.$.02

I've got 25k miles on my reground cam with no issues. I set my lash@.010/.020 with 1k miles on the cam, checked the lash last weekend and it's still good.

A cam is a nice addition, but it, as well as all of the other parts you listed are not needed for your 600hp goal.

I only ask because I have the option of getting a stock cam, and having it ground, or getting a hamilton BS for pretty cheap. I think I'm just gonna go with the BS.

I would go with the big stick also. But I wouldnt shy away from a regrind either. Pushrods and bigger lines are not needed for 600. I made 652 two years ago with stock head (studs) stock pushrods, stock cam, stock lines, 12mm.

I use a Cam grinder thats done it for 50 plus years hes not to far from me and hes cheap.We ran 3 engine Mod tractor with hyd.lifters But used top fuel hemi battleship springs,These springs were for roller cams and would eat the cam after 40 or so hooks. At 50.00 @ we send 3 more OEMS and toss the old ones.I have used reground cams and have never had a problem unlike stock GM cams going flat. I have a OEM to send out this week to get ground in to a big stick.Will see how it turns out.$.02

Care to share his info? I wonder if he's cheaper than the guy I found? I have a 24V core I was going to have reground for a my new puller motor, but have ended up purchasing a used Billet cam from a friend....me thinks the tow pig needs a street cam!:evil

I'm paying 175.00 I suppled a cam to make a copy (master) of. plus shipping

Back