Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Hell I can't wait to hear how it works and you can't have a better motto than yours when it comes to money, I am the same way. How long till you will have it?

Keep us posted. I would love to hear what it does. :pop:

I have spoken with both manufacturers. The shaft isn't the breaking point its the aluminum ends for the u-joints. Apparently the shaft is good to over 6000 ft lbs but the aluminum ears sheared off.

I think I could spend my grand elsewhere, but ANY carbon fiber product on a diesel truck is :woohoo:, I think

10-16-06_043.jpg

Here is the weak link.......

Gollonbait said:
10-16-06_043.jpg

Here is the weak link.......
That was caused by a lack of front shocks and pogo sticking down the track I believe :hehe:

If the front bounced and the back did not........ what's the difference?

Just found out that pst can't make it for my diesel because mine has a flange which the driveshaft attaches. So, I've found this company in California, http://www.acpt.com/driveshaft/index.html , which so far has made a handful for ford trucks.

You know, and I know, that it's alot of money for so little gain (if any),
but someone has bite the bullit and to discover the difference.

Last Thursday, I dynoed my truck on a Dyno-jet and it turn out to be
358.1 rwh. This was dynoed in 3rd gear?? don't know why? but, he started slowing in 1st, moved the gear shifter to 2nd, then slowly moved the shifter
to 3rd, then stomped it till it reached the rev-limiter. Then, I turned on the
Powershot 2000 and ended up with 381.9.

So, I'm waiting for ACPT to get the parts and assemble and ship to me.

When that happens, I'll go through the same process above and get back
and give the accurate numbers. I'm sure, I'm not going to be too impressed
but, who knows maybe the numbers with go up 10+ hp. MAYBE MORE????

Mark, if it was me, I would be wanting to get more than 10hp out of a $1k+. But that is just me. Like I said before, keep us posted on what ya find, and thanks for the info so far...:pop:

I just love Carbon fiber.....you never know when it's going to kerplode. Carbon Fiber isn't the best material to find stress cracks in. :poke:

It's about two weeks out before Doug has it shipped to me. I guess I'll be one of a handful that has one on a Powerstroke. Heck, I don't know what to expect!! I think it will be smoother shifts. They say a 5% increase in rwhp.
Well, let's see. 359 X .05 = almost 18 rwhp. I'll be very happy with that. My
Powershot 2000 propane gave me almost 23 hp. You can feel 23 rwhp.

Now, if I dyno it and the results are 5 rwhp I'll NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONELOL

I'll keep you guys posted. This may be a big FLOP, but then NOT.