Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Just got done measuring and weighing. Should have back by next week.
The end piece that attaches to the rear end was wrong.
Did weigh it though - 50lbs. I'll be saving 18lbs = 64% less weight that stock

Other way, the new drive shaft weights 65% of the factory. Or, the new driveshaft weighs 36% less.

Keep us posted

hpprose said:
Other way, the new drive shaft weights 65% of the factory. Or, the new driveshaft weighs 36% less.

Keep us posted

So, I'm a little slow in my math. Your correct 36% less.

Just found out a few minutes ago, my driveshaft is back on ups going
to get it back this Tuesday.

Glasseater said:
inform us when you get it tomorrow

Finally, I've got her one. Now, can I feel the seat of pants difference" YES

I'm going to have it dyno'd later this week. I'm guessing that its going to be about 12-15 rwhp gain. The big difference was the way it shifted between
gears. When I floored it at 10 mph, I use to feel the shifts from 1st to 2nd to 3rd. The feeling of the shifts are gone?? Hope that made sense. But, now I just hear the motor shifting (no more jolts). It almost seems like the
the truck speed shifts from gear to gear. No more hesitations. It's a whole lot different than before. I like it, but I also liked being somewhat thrown back a little in the seat. Now, its more like a rocket, the shifts are quite unnoticeable. I'm know it's quicker. My Powershot 2000 propane system gave me about 24 rwhp - I don't think the carbon fiber driveshaft is going to give me 24 rwhp. - But, maybe 15rwhp. All I can say is that I'm happy that it's finally in and that if I had to go through this again I would.

Will be getting back with you later this week after the dyno

Glasseater said:
inform us when you get it tomorrow

Finally, I've got her one. Now, can I feel the seat of pants difference" YES

I'm going to have it dyno'd later this week. I'm guessing that its going to be about 12-15 rwhp gain. The big difference was the way it shifted between
gears. When I floored it at 10 mph, I use to feel the shifts from 1st to 2nd to 3rd. The feeling of the shifts are gone?? Hope that made sense. But, now I just hear the motor shifting (no more jolts). It almost seems like the
the truck speed shifts from gear to gear. No more hesitations. It's a whole lot different than before. I like it, but I also liked being somewhat thrown back a little in the seat. Now, its more like a rocket, the shifts are quite unnoticeable. I'm know it's quicker. My Powershot 2000 propane system gave me about 24 rwhp - I don't think the carbon fiber driveshaft is going to give me 24 rwhp. - But, maybe 15rwhp. All I can say is that I'm happy that it's finally in and that if I had to go through this again I would.

Will be getting back with you later this week after the dyno

Doug, at go go diesel dot com has been a tremendous help to me.

I wanted to say God bless him, but God bless him.

A good aftermarket shaft really seemed to make a difference. I'm not in the carbon shaft budget zone, but have a Woody shaft, and the difference is amazing. No vibes, smoother shifts, and no clunk noises/feelings.

Okay, I've got it dyno'd.

388.7 rwhp at 96.17 mph w/o propane
434.6 rwhp at 96.17 mph w/Powershot 2000

The dyno was run in 4th gear. The numbers are quite a bit higher than last time when it was run in 3rd gear. I wanted to do a 4th gear dyno.
After, the two runs when the dyno #'s dropped at 130 mph - I notice a puddle of coolant under the truck . I got a little scared. Coolant coming from bottle. Actually the bottle was empty after 2 runs, so I opted wisely, not to run again in 3rd gear.

Well, here are my impressions. 1. If you order one, I hope it will take you less than 7 1/2 weeks to get. 2. It shifts as smoothe as a Lexus, BMW or a Mercedes. 3. It's quicker, peppier, with quicker throttle responses. 4. I was hoping for 400 rwhp w/propane and it's much, much, more than I expected.
5. If you got a grand laying around and your tired of looking at it, this may be something to spend it on.

P.S. I'm really happy, surprised & satisfied with the ACPT carborn fiber drivshaft from (HERE'S THE PLUG) Doug at go go diesel dot com